The Pavilion 2 Bangladeshi Restaurant & Take Away
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Enjoyed our first visit to the Pavilion earlier this evening and I must say both the food and the service were excellent. The ambiance was pleasant and welcoming, staff were attentive without being over the top and the food was first class. Will definitely return again.

• Visited April 2014
PavilionRochdale, Manager at The Pavilion 2 Bangladeshi Restaurant & Take Away, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your review.

Really nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Glad to be of service. See you again soon.

england
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food& friendly service. Well done Pavilion”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Turned up with a large group of friends on a Groupon deal. Service was very friendly throughout and food plentiful and delicious. Good atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

Thank you very much for your review.

Really pleased to hear you and your group had a great night with us and you enjoyed our service. See you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant !!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

8 friends and I visited this restaurant last night and it was excellent. Great food, brilliant atmosphere and really good service. Easily the best Indian Restaurant in Rochdale, would highly recommend it !!!

Thank you very much for your review.

Really glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. See you again soon.

“Groupon deal mmmm”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Bought a groupon deal for 4 for my work friends. Been here before a few times now. Food is excellent and presentation 5*. Inside is lovely and service is good even if busy. Problem with my visit this time and even last is being conned with the "extras" we bought.
You get popadoms to start, drink, starter and main. You also get either rice, chips or nann. Don't get me wrong this is an amazing deal but we was charged £14 for 2 large cokes. £3 upgrade for tandoori dish & 2 chipaties. We also ordered a jug of lassie but did not drink it as it tasted funny and curdled so argued for this to be deducted which he did. It was at this point he waffled counting bill and counted £13 then quickly changed it to £14 as he put it on the spike. It might only be a few quid out but the waiter insisted it was £3.50 for tandoori upgrade. Petty as it seems I did not argue in front of work colleagues and read the small print at home.
The other thing I have noticed is that everything is extra nice until you say it's a groupon deal then there not as smiley.
If you sell nearly 1000 deals you will be quids in. Why the need to charge so much for extras???
Pavillian 2 you have to earn trust in your customers and it's twice you have over charged me. Not good :(

• Visited April 2014
PavilionRochdale, General Manager at The Pavilion 2 Bangladeshi Restaurant & Take Away, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hi, I must start by saying I am flabbergasted with your review.

Firstly I would like to point out that we do not con our customers in any way. We are clear and concise with our prices so caanot fathom why you would think this of us. It is clearly stated on Groupon regarding the extra charges on certain items and we also explain these charges when you are seated.

Secondly it was me who addded your bill and we did not argue over the mango lassi. You told me you didn't like it and that was all I needed and I crossed this off. I tried working your bill out in my head and human error I got it wrong and said £13 but double checked on calculator and gave you the correct figure of £14. Plus the £14 did not just come from the above mentioned items but a few more items. I have your itemized bill so please call me on 01706 526666 if you wish to discuss this further.

Thirdly I have to disagree that you were treated differently based on the fact you were a groupon customer. If you read our reviews our customers prove that there is no difference in our service. All our customers are treated the same and never discriminated.

I cannot understand why you have writtten this lengthy review and not discuss this with myself. You said this was the second time you were overcharged so after the first time you knew about the charges so can't understand why you were surprised this time. I would also like to add that these charges have been there from the day we sold our 1st one to the 1000th one. Again it's treating all customers the same and making it cost effective for ourselves.

I hope this doesn't leave any ill feeling between us. You have stated your thoughts and I hope I have been able to explain this to rid the opinions you have.

You are a regular customer and we wish to carry on serving you. Please feel free to speak to me regarding anything you are not happy with or are unsure of.

Mo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went there for the first time at weekend using groupon voucher. We were treated nicely, lovely atmosphere, the services I would say excellent, the staff are very friendly. The pilau rice was not quite right apart from that, every things were perfect. We will certainly go back there again.

• Visited April 2014
PavilionRochdale, Manager at The Pavilion 2 Bangladeshi Restaurant & Take Away, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your review.

Really nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Sorry about the Pilau rice, have told the chef to look into this and staff training will be carried out to ensure this isn't repeated. See you again soon with promise of better pilau rice :-)

Thanks