“Great place to sleep and eat”

The Royal Toby Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
north wales
“Great place to sleep and eat”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The hotel is lovely. Staff were friendly, rooms were clear and well kept, beds were comfy. Got a late reservation in the grill restaurant and the food was lovely and worst the prices.
Will definatly return to this hotel in the future

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Toby and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and that the room was comfy and well kept. I am also pleased to hear that our colleagues were friendly and that the hotel itself was lovely. I have passed your kind comments to Bev, Danny and their teams and we look forward to welcoming you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
UK
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We booked this hotel for a short break in the Manchester area. We had an upgraded room on the third floor. It was very comfortable and had good amenities. The breakfast was very good and the staff were helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Toby Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and the breakfast was very good. I have passed your kind comments to Bev, Danny and their teams and I hope to welcome you again soon.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Having been to the Toby quite a few times over the past 30 years it is amazing and a credit to the management that the hotel restaurant has maintained its traditional no nonsense quality good food and traditional service that you rarely get in other establishments. It is reassuring and says such a lot about the running of the place that our waitress Ellen has worked there for over 30 years and is warm and helpful, smiles and knows many of her customers by name (What a treasure). I also noted that the restaurant manageress Gaynor was not frightened of getting her hands dirty helping out when a large party arrived; the other waitress Yvonne has also worked there possibly more years than she cares to remember. Together they made an outstanding front of house team ensuring we were well looked after; efficient but never hurrying us. On this occasion we skipped the starters and went straight in for the rib eye steak, cooked to perfection. Straightforward cheese and biscuits for afters with a brandy to go with our coffee. Simply first-rate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul M
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Toby and I am delighted to hear that we have maintained both our food and service standards. I have passed your kind comments to Danny, Gaynor, the Head Chef and the rest of the team. The whole team work hard to provide a great level of service and quality of meal and I'm really glad to hear that you describe the experience as first rate.

It is always a pleasure to welcome regular guests and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here for 4 days on business rate. reception very friendly and efficient, room was on the third Floor lovely and quiet with double and single bed in. beds were lovely and comfortable with the biggest pillows ever 1 only required out of the 6 on offer! on first night chose to dine in hotel restaurant which was extremely busy for a Monday evening was shown to my table which I had not booked and had a wide range of choices even on corporate menu I opted for the home made steak burger which was delicious many people seemed to be having the battered whale!(haddock) which was huge overlapping the plate. the bar area is a lively country style pub which is refreshing for a hotel. great nights sleep In lovely warm comfy room. the next night chose to go to the fallen angels Italian restaurant this was a.lovely friendly.Italian with fantastic food and.friendly staff. the calzone was.absolutely.delicious we chose.to come back.to.this restaurant the next night to. You full not disappointed if u choose to.stay here.

• Stayed October 2011
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Toby Hotel and Fallen Angels. I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed the meals in both the Royal Toby restaurant and in Fallen Angels. I have passed your kind comments to Danny, Bev, Elio and their respective teams and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

October has come and as such time for my birthday treat. As always i choose an overnight stay at the Royal Toby and a meal at the Fallen Angels, the deal they have on is fantastic value for money, Sleep and dine for £99!!! My girlfriend ordered champagne and it was in the room when we arrived, the food in the Fallen Angels is second to none as is the ambience and decor, try the Trio de Carne it's very nice. All in all this venue is superb and takes a lot to be beaten, try it you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review both Fallen Angels and the Royal Toby Hotel. I hope that you had a great birthday and am delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay and a great meal in Fallen Angels. I have passed your kind comments to both Elio and Bev and I look forward to welcoming you both again for your next birthday.
Rochdale
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had a birthday lunch today at the Royal Toby. Thankfully, the Management at the Toby have not gone along the" contemporary " lines and have kept the Restaurant in a fabulous, homely style. You feel comfortable and welcomed. The staff are very professional and attentive.

The food is delicious, served hot and fresh, but I do feel £6.+ for bbq ribs excessive as there was virtually no meat on them and the sauce tasted artificial and overpowering. Hubby and I both had the Lamb off the Al-a-Carte menu, and it was scrummy!

Without a doubt, the Royal Toby Restaurant is good value for money - but for me, I wouldn't have the same starter again!

Room Tip: We didn't stay over.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Toby and I am delighted to hear that you felt comfortable and welcomed and that our team was professional and attentive. I have noted your comments regarding the BBQ rib starter and would like to assure you that the sauce is home-made by our chefs, with regard to the quantity of meat on the Ribs, our own butchers produce these and we have advised them of your feedback to ensure that there is plenty of meat on our ribs.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the lamb and the quality of the meals. I have passed this to Danny and his team and we look forward to welcoming you at The Royal Toby again soon.
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for our Anniversary, nothing too much trouble for this hotel. I had Flowers delivered day before and put in room for our arrival!!!!
Stayed in executive room which had the biggest bed i have ever slept on. HUGE!!!
Had our meal at the Fallen Angels to which I would say is the best meal we have ever had.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OAFC1683
rsdeckers, Manager at The Royal Toby Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Congratulations on your recent anniversary and I am delighted to hear that you chose the Royal Toby Hotel and Fallen Angels to celebrate. I have passed your kind comments to the teams at both the Hotel and at Fallen Angels. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Birch Hotel
Birch Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heywood
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park

Been to The Royal Toby Hotel? Share your experiences!