“FAO Mrjones198”

Ranked #91 of 318 Restaurants in Rochdale
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family run public house. Our opening hours are as follows: Sunday-Friday 12am - 12pm Saturday 12am-1am. We host pool & darts nights and over the weekend have live entertainment and karaoke.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just to clarify, I am not the Landlady, the lady you are referring to is Natalie. I am married to Glen, who is the head chef, and also happens to be the son of Roy, who is married to Natalie....

I am however truly sorry to hear of your bad experience at 'The Harrows'. Natalie does appear to come across quite abrupt at times, I can only apolygise for this, as this is just her manor and is not meant to come across offensive in any way.

As we have daily bookings, we do prefer to direct our customers to certain tables, as some tables are reserved, but we do have a sign advising this at the door into the restaurant.
We do charge a small fee for card payments under £10.00, as it too costs us, to process payments, we do not charge excessive amounts for our carvery and can not afford incur costs on processing fee's.

I will address your comments with my in-laws and husband. I do not have a problem, with people adding reviews that are true, but please understand, some people (not referring to you) use trip advisor to sabotage reputations. We are a family business, and stand by my husband and his success.

1  Thank CaroRochdale

Reviewed June 4, 2013

if you love carvery this is the place to visit, all the food is fresh daily, veg is always cooked to perfection.the meat is just awsome , nevr from frozen which is great as the meat is so succulant
you can go any day up until around 7-30 to 8-00 pm, but do check times, as have changed recently, also serve on sundays .
best value for money carvery i have ever come across.
can get very busy and they prefer you book for larger groups

3  Thank thefitter
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Being Friday and having an hour off work me and my mate thought it would be nice to go for a carvery. On entering the harrows and the place being empty, you would think we'd be able to sit at a table of your choice? Whist we where choosing a table a lady, I assumed the owner, said you will sit at a table for two. Being shocked at the service I can only describe as abrupt, rude and damn right arrogant therefore creating a unbearable atmosphere. I understand that a corner shop has to charge to use card facilities however a restaurant should not be charging to use these kind of facilities not only does this give The Harrows a name for itself, it also discourages increased sales as people do not want to pay every time there wish to use their card. Having taken our sits and decided to get our food, the staff serving behind the till and the chef servicing food where well manned, maybe the owner should taken notice of these and act in a similar manner. The food was nice, however the beef was a bit chew and overdone for my liking and the mash could have been mashed a bit more to remove any lumps that where remaining. Furthermore just a comment about a post for Caroline (again I assume the owner) people's post are there opinion and you really shouldn't post a positive remove about yourself as this effects you rating. Although following the perception when walking in I wouldn't approach you to complain face to face as your attitude on entering you premises stinks and found you to do very unapproachable.

6  Thank Mrjones198
Paul A, Manager at The Harrows, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

The Harrows is under new management as of 9th May 2014 and will focus on being a quality, local, family run pub.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

the food is amazing cooked well and always hot this food must be the closes you will get to a actual home made dinner and value for money.. The staff are really helpful and friendly ..now on the down side the land lady needs to realises we are paying customers if she doesn't like working then stay in the back knitting she really does make you feel unwelcome which is sad as it kind of put us off going in again ..

4  Thank Mabaker1960
Paul A, Manager at The Harrows, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been a few times now and have to say have always been very impressed, great value and the puddings are yummy!!

1  Thank Bonnie A