“What a wonderful place to stay”

The Villas Residence
Ranked #2 of 14 Rochdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review -- but this is a very special B&B/hotel. Everything that everyone else has pointed out, is absolutely true and we had a delightful stay. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for somewhere charming to stay around Manchester/Rochdale/Oldham area. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kate j

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just occasionally you find a real gem, the Villas was such a place. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were well looked after by Paul and his staff. The house is full of antiques and paintings, beautiful. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and spacious. If we are ever near Rochdale again we will definitely stay. Wonderful value for money.

Room Tip: The bedroom overlooking the back garden was peaceful and airy and you could open the window!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norwyn
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is my second stay & won't be my last. I love everything about this little gem of a hotel/B&B from the fabulous antiques dotted around the property to the bug comfy bed & large shower en-suite.
Breakfast is yummy & plenty full. Paul is friendly & nothing seems to be too much trouble - I won't stay anywhere else when in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank portiabelle
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Really enjoyed staying in such a fascinating, beautiful place with lots of interesting antiques. It is like staying in someone's home. The kitchen is worth a peek- wow. Very comfortable bed (and that's rare in the modern chain hotels). Owners very helpful if you want advice on eateries in the area, etc.. Also, I had left a cardigan behind and they kindly posted it to me which is a thoughtful, caring thing to do (thank you, Paul). Delicious breakfast too. This was a personal stay but proximity to Manchester for future business trips makes it an good location too so I am sure one/both of us will return.

Room Tip: All probably good. Electric toilet bit noisy but an old, historic property so best option and works...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed May 15, 2012

As I needed to stay in the Manchester area the night before an early business meeting I decided to look around for something different from the usual bland corporate hotel experience that is normal for business travellers like myself. So with one eye on price and the other on gaining an overall better experience I booked The Villas Residence. In short this is what a business trip should be like. Paul (the owner) could'nt have been more welcoming with a glass of wine and some welcome company compared to the usual corporate experience. This small hotel is an oasis in the Rochdale area with it's unique antique atmosphere, comfy bed and well appointed facilities (I gained the benefit of an ensuite bathroom). Free wifi is a must these days and I was able to catch up with work in my room.
Traffic along the M62 /M60 the next morning was not good as I headed into the city centre and would unfortunately, for me, would have to be a factor when looking for a suitably located hotel in the future (this was entirely my own fault as distance unfortunately does not always equal time). I arrived with minutes to spare for a 9.00am appointment having set off at 8.10am from the hotel. With more time I would have liked to enjoy the cooked breakfast which was on offer and been able to take in more of the relaxed atmosphere.
In short Paul offers a fine (and in these days, an almost unique service). As long as I did not have an early morning appointment in the city centre the next day, I would definitely stay again and most certainly would recommend this hotel for people with more time to spare. Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MJEWOOD
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was fantastic when I went October last year.

The owner was very welcoming, offered my wife and I, a class of champagne on arrival. He also allowed our dog to stay in the hotel with us.

The decor is amazing, with many old antiques and classy furniture. You really don't feel like home when you stay here. It feels like you've been invited into a cosy rich persons home with all the fillings.

Our rooms were really nice, big comfy beds, modern TV etc.

A bonus was that because we booked two rooms, we had the whole of the upstairs to ourselves!

Breakfast was nice, pretty standard.

Overall a great place to stay if you are visiting Rochdale.

Room Tip: A bit of a nightmare to find the hotel if you don't have a sat nav, but well worth it when you a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here for our wedding night.
What a truley amazing house! So much thought and love has gone into the decoration and furnishings. Such a homely, friendly atmosphere and very romantic.
The welcome and service was wonderful and the breakfast fantastic
A wonderfully unique experience that we would highly recommend

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing, it was difficult to choose between them
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple