Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
PremierInn.com
Redhill House(Redhill)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan early flightwake up callovernight parkingon arrivalduty managerreception staffgood nights sleepan overnight stayminute drivefollowing morningchecking inpleasant stayone night stayshuttlebristoldebbiesilver
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I found this hotel to be very well appointed and really clean. The foyer and bar area are restful and inviting and the staff very friendly, especially a (formally?) Malaysian gentleman manning the bar. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. My room was spacious and cheerful.

Quibbles anybody? I pointed out a deficiency in signage (no exit sign visible on leaving the room) to reception in the morning, which was politely received, and will, I'm told, be reviewed. The bedroom window does not open, but has a built in vent on top; not great for fresh air lovers. My food (pasta) in the bar was ok but not great. Admittedly, I ordered at the last minute of serving time. Parking is also tight at busy times.

Room Tip: Front room face the main road, but traffic is light.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CelticNomadLimerick
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you decided to visit us at the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport and that we met your expectations.

I was glad to note that you found the hotel very clean, the foyer and bar area inviting, the room spacious and cheerful and the staff very friendly. I have passed on all of your comments to the team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. Many thanks for your kind comments.

With regards to the sign-age in the corridors, please be rest assured that we will review this at our next Head of Department meeting in order to evaluate the requirements. Please also be rest assured that all of our rooms come with ‘state of the art’ air conditioning systems and the windows not opening is not only a safety feature, but also a noise reduction feature to ensure that our guests are able to get a great night’s sleep. Finally, please accept my apologies regarding the food being only ok, we aim to deliver great food at any time throughout the day or night – I will be discussing these comments with the Head Chef in order to improve for the future.

I was also glad that you found our location ideal for your needs. Set in the idyllic Mendip Hills, just 3 miles from Bristol Airport, we feel that we offer the perfect location for guests travelling to and from the airport or just having a break in the serene Somerset countryside.

Once again, many thanks for your kind and constructive comments – I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another good stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed on a Sunday evening, hotel was quite busy, but the dinner service was appallingly slow. We waited over an hour for the starters and another 30 minutes for the main course. The food, when it arrived was good. We left our car with them for the ten days and had booked them to pick up the six of us when we returned from holiday - they'd had a problem with the mini-bus and sent a Citroen C1 sized car to pick up six people with (obviously) six suitcases. These things happen but the acid test of any business in my view is how they handle problems - on this occasion, not well at all.

Room Tip: facing away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us, however it came as a great disappointment to me that you experienced problems during your visit.

With regards to the slow service in the restaurant, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. Please be rest assured that over the last couple of weeks we have placed a high level of emphasis on improving the service in the restaurant, and we have been receiving lots of positive feedback on this. I was happy to note that you found the food very good once it arrived. I would very much like to discuss your comments further to ascertain why this delay with your food occurred. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would contact me directly on deputy@hibristolairport.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

With regards to the airport transfers, I can confirm that our back-up shuttle bus was in for its MOT for a number of days, unfortunately during this time our primary shuttle bus was experienced a damaged windscreen from a stone in the road. This left us with just a C1 and taxis to shuttle people to and from the airport. Please be rest assured that this was a freak and isolated incident. Please also accept my apologies if this hindered your stay in any way.

Once again, many thanks for reviewing our hotel. I hope to hear from you in due course to discuss your comments in further detail and have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Wife and I spent one night at this hotel because we had an early flight the follwing morning.
The room was clean,the bed comfortable,the food exellent and the staff friendly and helpful.
One minor observation,calling this hotel Bristol Airport Holiday Inn is a misnomer as it is 3.5 miles
from the airport.That said,the hotel mini-bus half-hourly service to the airport is excellent and at
£3.50 is reasonably priced compared to a taxi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs and that we met and even exceeded your expectations for most of your experience.

I was pleased to note that you found the room clean, bed comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful – your comments have been passed on to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I was also pleased that you found the food in the restaurant excellent. This is an area where we have been placing a lot of focus on in recent weeks and the fact that you have highlighted this as a positive feature of your stay greatly pleases me.

With regards to our location, we are situated in the idyllic Mendip Hills, just a 7 minute drive to the airport, we feel that this provides our guests with the ideal location to relax for a weekend break or before or after flying from the airport. I was pleased that you were able to take advantage of our 24 hour shuttle service and you found it to be excellent.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and must say it is a great hotel, very clean and the staff are really helpful. On a recent stay the food wasn't quite as good as before but I think that was because they had a huge coach party to feed at the same time. One thing is, there is no mobile reception in the hotel reception so I thought it would be same throughout the hotel. I asked about this and was told the only reception was to be had by the lifts on each floor but in fact there was perfect reception in bedrooms but somehow they didn't think of pointing out - I found out by accident. As for wi-fi, well come on, this should be free during your stay if any hotel wants a decent review, we all need wi-fi nowadays, get real. However, it's still a really well run hotel. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank flemtime
Gavin E, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Bristol Airport on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to visit with us again and you enjoyed a really good stay.

With regards to the mobile phone reception, this does only work intermittently in the rooms and for the most part the signal is not significant enough to make a phone call. We prefer the staff not to insist that it will be fully functional in our guest’s rooms, so to avoid disappointment. Please accept my sincere apologies if this hindered your stay in any way.

I was glad that you found the hotel clean and the staff really helpful. I have passed on these comments to the whole team to galvanize them to continue their good work that enables us to become a leader of excellence in customer service.

With regards to the WiFi, we do offer our 30 minutes complimentary access to all our guests and from 1st July Priority Club is being re-branded to IHG Rewards and all Platinum and Gold level members will be entitled to complimentary WiFi for the duration of their stay, this will also be introduced to all level members during 2014. I hope that this will alleviate some of your concerns regarding the WiFi in our hotel.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We now stay here before or after every trip from Bristol. Very comfortable and convenient. Staff are all great but a special mention this time for James M, our minibus driver, a very loyal and hard-working member of the team.

Room Tip: Just ask politely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Five2wns

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor following your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to note that you are a regular visitor to our hotel and that you find us the best option for accommodation near Bristol Airport.

I must thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, specifically James who is a valued, dedicated and customer focused employee. I have passed on your kind comments to James and the rest of the team to act as a motivator for them to continue their great work.

Once again, many thanks for your comments – I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.