“Tired”

Ranked #5 of 5 Redhill B&B and Inns
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Tired”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Very, very tired - both every aspect of the guest house, and us after staying there. En suite facilities only consist of shower & basin - no WC. Not a bargain in the age of the Travelodge, whilst not being expensive either. Okay breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The room was awful (curtains hanging off, peeling paint etc) and the ensuite worse. Breakfast not bad but didn't compensate for the rest. No sound proofing between rooms so hardly had any sleep due to the party in room downstairs in the early hours and what felt like constant stream of people passing by door plus the busy road outside. Was charged £48 for 1 night single occupancy of twin room.

• Stayed April 2011

Travelers are raving about these Redhill hotels

England
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I stayed there , well I didn't stay there. I left after an hour. It was due to an emergency that I booked in. The place was really scummy. There was obviously a problem with the wiring, which worried more than the hygiene issue. The room I was in would have been virtually impossible to vacate in the event of a fire. Staff were terrible. So I walked to the nearest other B and B that had spare rooms whilst it was about -9degrees with pack ice on the ground. That is how bad it was. I did wonder if I needed my head checked, but then I realised that if I had stayed I would definitely have needed to see a shrink. Why would you want to stay in a place like this?

In the words of Lloyd Grossman "who lives in a house like this?" I dread to think who.

"David, It's over to you".

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank FishtheFish
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2010

A drab and cold room; a tiny shower room without shower gel; threadbare towels; sheets were dirty; a cold shower and a disgusting breakfast.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My Girlfriend and I recently stayed at the lynwood guest house, we had a very pleasant stay for a week while we visited relatives in the area and took the train to london daily which was just within walking distance, on ly a few minutes away to redhill main train station and the town centre .
We had a nice double en suite as requested and comfortable room, no problems.
the staff made us feel at home and were very helpful all the time or whenever we need some advise.
I will definetely recomend this place to anyone , it is also vey economic comparing to the others in the area, including a typical english cook breakfast.
Daniel and Yngrid from Southamerica

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Petrosani, Romania
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We have just stayed at Lynwood Guest House and had a great time ! We would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a pleasant holiday or just a good night sleep! It is very cozy and you really get to feel like home!

Mrs Angela is a very kind person and will help you with whatever she can!

The room was very clean and quiet, the bed very comfortable and even if we didn't have our won bathroom it wasn't a problem, as the bathrooms were always available and we didn't have to wait to get in.

The breakfast was really tasty and rich.

Susana and Victor Arad from Romania

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
suffolk
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I have just stayed at the Lynwood guest house and was very disappointed. Our room was on the top floor and the toilets x 2 were on the floor below. One of the toilet seats were broken, you could have taken the seat off in your hand. As you enter the house, a sign says 'all rooms en-suite' which is totally incorrect. The car park was very small and difficult to park in with so many residents. The breakfast was not nice at all, the tea was very weak, you had to make your own toast, the sausages were awful. You had to have breakfast between 7.30-8.30am which isn't always ideal for a lot of vistors. The picture on the television in the room was terrible. The only positive was that the location to Reigate was good. Basically I would advise you look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redhill
Best Western Reigate Manor Hotel
Bridge House Hotel
Bridge House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Reigate
Hartsfield Manor Betchworth

Been to Lynwood Guest House? Share your experiences!