“Great food but the service could have done with som e work”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Farrells - CLOSED

Farrells
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food but the service could have done with som e work”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We've recently moved to the area and spotted this little gem on the marina so had to try it out! In a nutshell... It has a lovely interesting menu, stunning views but we all felt the service was lacking. We waited a good 20 mins at least to order our food and got no apology for the wait. It's the little things that really help to finish off a good meal and good service is vital to me!

Bream, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We found Farrells by accident as we wandered along the marina and went in for lunch at 2.30pm. The restaurant is in a lovely venue and was immaculately clean. Service was excellent and so was the food. We had a starter and a main course each and they were delicious, perfectly cooked and served. We had the salmon on crushed new potatoes for mains and can thoroughly recommend it. I want to try the Irish Chilli Beef next, after reading other reviews here! We had coffee after our lunch and this was of exceptionally good quality, fragrant and strong. The only reason that I haven't given Farrells 5-stars was the temperature - the venue is made of glass, and even though it was an overcast day, it did get uncomfortably hot and stuffy in there.

• Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Always a bit of a let down.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I love the idea of this place ... Living just across the marina from this little gem of a venue I always really try and support it as a local business ... However every time I have eaten there I have had problems that could have been easily avoided ... Cold food , grit in salad etc however when the food is good and care is taken .. It's fantastic .

• Visited June 2013
“Farrells Portishead”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was apprehensive of what this evening out would cost me but the food and wine was excellant value. The staff friendly and attentive. Pity it was raining outside to obscure the view but that did not spoil the evening.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Whittaker1413
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favourite Place!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I first came across Farrell whilst on a walk, we stopped and had a coffee and were impressed by the politeness of the waiter and decided we would go one evening for a meal. It didn't disappoint, the food was gorgeous, filling and the staff couldn't have been more helpful... Checking drinks etc. it didn't feel as though it was purely for tips which I have found a lot recently.
I have since been back many a time for lunch with friends and is my first choice whenever I am off out!
My highest recommendation would be the Chilli Beef on the lunch time menu, I do not think it can be rivalled!
Am looking forward to my next visit!!!!

• Visited February 2013