“Great food, unreliable service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lido Kitchen - CLOSED

The Lido Kitchen
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great food, unreliable service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have been there many times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So it's fair to say I enjoy the Lido and have enjoyed the food every time! I feel that depending who is working, the service lets the kitchen down. During our last visit it was a struggle to get served for more drinks, we were not given plates for our tapas and we were not offered the desert menu. This also lost them some proffit as we would have had another round of drinks and deserts if we hadn't waited so long. I think the waiting staff need clearer responsibilities i.e who's going to look after which tables or who's doing food and who's doing drink orders for the evening to ensure everyone gets looked after.

1 Thank Louise H

“As always - excellent food good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I enjoy tapas and I enjoy not eating big meals but tasting lots of different dishes and that's the nicest thing about this restaurant. You can order a few nibbles. Glass of wine (or 2!! ) and your made to feel welcome unlike other restaurants in Portishead that don't provide this opportunity. It's friendly, honest serving times given and cozy. Our bill for 4 of us was about £100 but we tried all the tapas, 2 puddings, plenty of beer, wine and Irish coffee so we think good value!! Putting the log stove in for the winter .... Perfect
We had an uninterrupted enjoyable evening with friends. Spot on!!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Enjoying it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Sat here now. Wanted the Ciabatta but run out of hot chutney. Had full english breakfast. Very nice. Hash browns different and delicious and no grease on plate which always a bonus. Nice enough that will come back to try tapas one night.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Best Meatballs Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was quite surprised to see this place was only half full on a Friday night having heard such good things about it. I really liked the atmosphere of the place when i walked in and the menu looked great too. We had to wait about 1/2 hour for our tapas order to arrive which is ok (if you want fast food go to McDonalds) but the quality of the food was excellent and definitely worth waiting even longer for. We tried 6 dishes from the tapas menu (king prawns, mediterranean vegetables, meatballs, squid, potatoes with aioli and steak and chips) and sticky toffee pudding for dessert. The only thing which could have been improved was to cook the chips slightly longer but that is a minor niggle on what was otherwise really great food. I'll be going back regularly.

• Visited February 2013
Portishead, United Kingdom
“traditional christmas lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

just before christmas we were lucky enough to be able to hold our annual staff get tgether at The Lido Kitchen. I cannot thank the chefs and waitresses enough for making it such a pleasureable occassion. Not only was the meal brilliant{served with all the trimmings} but it arrived quickly and was piping hot and delicious and served with lots of smiles - in fact, nothing was too much trouble. There were over forty of us and I heard nothing but praise and appreciative comments. So - a huge thankyou again to all concerned and I would highly recommend it to anyone who might be holding a similar even.

• Visited December 2012