“An experience not to be repeated”

Brewers Fayre Gordano Gate
Ranked #31 of 45 Restaurants in Portishead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Whilst staying at the excellent Preminer Inn next door we had dinner and breakfast at this Brewers Fayre and if there had been anywhere else to go we would have done so. I know it's cheap but that doesn't have to equate to bad. I had the steak and ale pie which would have failed the Trades Descriptions Act on the steak front but the chips were OK. No-one told us we have to order at the bar so we sat and waited. Big mistake. Breakfast was no better with over cooked everything and disorganised layouts.

1  Thank BadtravellerSurrey
There are newer reviews for Brewers Fayre Gordano Gate

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was an ok place, now terrible.

This was a 'last chance' visit; which confirmed the status of this venue.

15 minutes to order, with staff randomly picking with the odd local thrown in. Once we had our Sunday meal tickets, a further 5 minutes to wait for the buffet to be told only one meat left, chicken and only half of veg available.

Second course, a further 15 minutes wait to hand over my meal tickets before returning to our dirty table.

In all, not good and my only negative review ever done on this site.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Ordered mixed grill - all the meat was tasteless, the chips weren't cooked, far too many kids running around and I'm only 21!! Never again

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went into the brewers fayre and ordered fish and chips it came out burnt myself and my partner looked at it with disgust but i didn't want to complain so i cut into the fish which was like water, i realised i couldn't eat it and my partner called the young man that served us over and said it was unedible! he agreed took it away then said a new piece of fish was in the fryer for me and would be out quickly we waited over 20 minutes and went and got a refund i can't believe a business can survive like this it was advertising new chefs on the poster outside i think they need to sack the lot and start again we definatly will never go back the place was run by a bunch of young people obviously with no interest in their jobs.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Four of us stayed 14/01/204. The food was of poor quality, the waiting staff ignorant and rude. The food when it came was staggered, so one was finishing before second colleague received his meal and then the last two came when he was half way through his meal and first was finished. Other dinners were complaining that they had been sat down for over an hour and not received any meal at all. Then they forgot our sweats completely and we had to complain before we eventually got them.
Fair play to the two young girls serving at the bar and taking orders, they did a good job, pity about the serving staff and whether there was even a qualified cook/ chef in the kitchen.
We complained to the premier inn reception in the morning and they admitted that there had been numerous complaints about the food and staff attitude.
Don't eat here......