“Not nice”

Brewers Fayre Gordano Gate
Ranked #29 of 42 Restaurants in Portishead
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portishead, United Kingdom
“Not nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went here a few weeks ago, will not be returning again, people also bad mouth this place, and now i see why, i thought i would try for myself. But my my my were people right. Will NEVER be visiting. NEVER!!

devon
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday evening, we both had a lovely meal and the staff were friendly. I see quite a few poor reviews for this place but we can only speak as we find, it was exactly what we expected pub/bar type food, average priced. We would go again if we were in the area.

Portishead
“Nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped in for a casual meal with friends and couldn't fault it. The staff were really friendly and helpful, only had to go to the bar to order at first and then our waitress brought everything else to our table. Meals were typical pub food but very cheap for big portions!

Portishead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very poor service, terrible food, McDonalds is better than this dump. And that is saying something, i urge everyone, not to step food in that place or they will walk out suicidal. Pathetic place. 3 Year old could probably run that place better. Who ever runs it, they are imbecile. Needs to be a completely new pub their. Not good at all.

1 Thank Jack M
Launceston, United Kingdom
“Poor food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Called in to Brewers Fayre Portishead on the way back from Bristol to Cornwall and we were all hungry. I had the steak and ale pie, which looked dried up and when I started to cut it, the pastry was too hard to cut and it had definitely seen better days. I ate what meat I could but food very poor. My daughter had quiche and jacket potato and like one of the previous reviewers, the quiche was dry and tasteless. My daughter-in-law's sausage egg and chips was just about edible but my granddaughter went for the child's sausage and chips and left most of it, which was surprising as she was hungry and sausages are usually a safe bet with her. My daughter-in-law tasted my granddaughter's sausages (which were different to hers) and spat them out agreeing that they were disgusting. The only passable thing was the onion rings, which were all ate pity about the rest of the meals - even the bread and butter was bad as the butter had been spread with a dirty knife as there were black bits in the butter (presuming this might have come from using a knife that had previously been used to butter burnt toast!! If not, I dread to think what the black bits in the butter were....)

Service of drinks was also very poor - I was given a cup to get myself a cup of tea and a glass to get the lemonade but what would have been good would have been to tell me where exactly the milk for the tea could be found and that the drinks machine for the lemonade was hidden around a corner. The person that had served us had disappeared along with other people behind the bar and I was left to find someone else who did kindly help us in the end.

I also asked how long the food would be and was told definitely 20 minutes or less, which turned into best part of an hour, which wouldn't have been so bad if the food had been worth waiting for!!

A waitress at the end asked after seeing pretty full plates of leftovers if everything was okay. We told her about the pie and quiche to which she commented that it was good to have feedback (a full refund would have been better!!) but sounded as though this was something she was used to saying.

Anyway as you can imagine the only recommendation here is to save your money and avoid this eatery.