“MUCH IMPROVED NOW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Windmill Inn

The Windmill Inn
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Portishead
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bristol, United Kingdom
“MUCH IMPROVED NOW!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having been disappointed on an earlier visit after the change of ownership, I am pleased to say that the criticisms by both myself and the other customers seems to be having an impact.
I visited The Windmill on Thursday. My fish and chips and my wife's "lighter bite" lasagne were well proportioned and delicious. The desserts were also up to standard again. So glad to see the catering is now back on form. The staff behind the bar seemed to be very happy and were welcoming.
Can only speak as we find. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Chris P
Windmill I, General Manager at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hi Chris

Thank you for your comments on your two visits to the Windmill I take feedback both good and bad as a value to my business as it allows me and my team to improve our customer experience.

You are correct with your comment that we have listen, It is always difficult when taking over a business during transition to maintain the high standards that were in place.

I like to think we have listen and we are know delivering what you the customer expects and in the future can add even more to. I will pass your kind words onto the team as I know they will appreciate them.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit, please introduce yourself as I am trying to meet as many guest as possible although not always possible in such a busy venue.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Overall good, but quite expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Visited today and generally we enjoyed the visit. Nice atmosphere and lovely view from outside. However although the food was tasty, it was not really value for Money, nearly £20 for two very average type pub meals, and quite small portions. The lady in front ordered a light bite meal and when I saw it arrive it was about the same size as a main meal , just on a smaller plate and half the price! . Would return for drink but probably not for a meal again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FinMcDin
Hi There

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent visit, it is nice to see you enjoyed it. We do feel our prices reflect our offering and also offer the light bite menu if it is not a main meal you are after which is priced accordingly.

However we are aware that customers are always looking for value for money so we monitor our prices regularly and will continue to do so.

I look forward to seeing you soon and once again thank you for visiting The Windmill

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cling film in mash potato”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

been a couple of months since we had been there but the food has gone down hill and the normal fast service took over 40 mins so no overly impressed

1 Thank Mike G
Windmill I, General Manager at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hi Mike

Thank you for your feedback on your visit today I welcome all guest comments as it helps me and my team improve the service we operate. As you stated the speed of service is normally very quick and I apologies that this was not the case today. We had some operational issue's which if you would like to contact me direct at windmill@fullers.co.uk or 01275 818483 I am sure I can reassure you that normal standards have resumed.

Bristol
“What a shame :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner have been customers at The Windmill for years, we hadn't been there for a few months so decided to take the family for a meal to celebrate a birthday. We ordered 5 Scampi and Chips and one Hunters Chicken. The meals were served to us in approx 10 minutes and literally thrown on the table by the stressed out looking waitress. The Hunters Chicken was made using chicken on the bone which I have never experienced before and there was more bone than Chicken! I complained and was given a Beef Lasagne instead which was mainly just cheese and pasta with hardly any meat. The chips were huge and undercooked. We ordered puddings but after waiting 35 minutes, we walked out! Such a shame as this used to be a wonderful pub restaurant!

2 Thank AmyKristina
Windmill I, Manager at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi Amy

I am sorry to hear that your experience on Monday 30th June was not at the normal standard you expected. I am trying to maintain the high standards that the Windmill has and welcome all guest feedback during this transition period. The fact that you have taken the time to post a comment I would like the opportunity to discuss direct with you the issues raised. Please contact me direct at windmill@fullers.co.uk or 01275 818483. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to talking to you soon.

kind regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Drastically down hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Horrible staff, the main older bar maid is the rudest thing ever and the new owner is also rude. What has happened?? Then again it's always been microwave meals anyway just now it's a tiny portion. Don't bother.

3 Thank GreatBristolFood
Windmill I, Manager at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment it is important that we receive guest feedback as it allows us to improve our customer experience. I am sorry to hear that this was not the case when you recently visited and would welcome the opportunity to discuss you visit personally.

You obviously enjoy the windmill so if you could contact me at windmill@fullers.co.uk or 01275 818483 I would welcome the chance to deal with your disappointment.