“Very nice B & B”
Review of Avon View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portishead
Avon View
Ranked #1 of 3 Portishead B&B and Inns
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Very nice B & B”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Second time we have stayed here and not disappointed. Big room, comfy bed and all rounded off with a very good breakfast. Very friendly landlady, absolutely no complaints. If you need to stay in the Portishead area then look no further!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Darnhall
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We recently stayed one night in this B&B, and only wished we could stay longer. It is situated above Portishead and has some rooms with great views across the estuary. It is a small walk down to the local amenities, or to the boating lake and park area.
we arrived after a rather harassing journey involving traffic on the M5, and were greeted with an offer of tea and shortbreads brought to the room, this was a lovely touch. We had a great room with lovely views and a very comfortable bed!
The traditional English Breakfast was wonderful, with lots of choice and excellent coffee, all prepared by Kate (the owner).
This guesthouse is thoroughly recommended by us, and we will be staying again!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms with the view, if available.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We booked this B & B after consulting Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. Travelling from the New Forest to the Leicester area, we had a couple of days to spare and, as always, wanted to see a new part of the country (at least, new to us). We stayed one night at Avon View en-route and were absolutely delighted with both the B&B and Portishead. Avon View was an excellent place to stay and I echo all the previous comments about the room with a view of the Bristol Channel, the breakfast and the welcome. We found Portishead to be a delightful little place, with good meals at the Windmill. We were blessed with good weather and the locals were all out and about at the lake area at the bottom of the hill. We had a lovely surprise when a large cargo vessel emerged from the trees in transit up the estuary! We then moved on to the Forest of Dean - another delightful area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Avon View bed and breakast for two nights in June while visiting family in the local area. I chose it because the Premier Inn where I had stayed previously was fully booked. My general opinion of b&bs is not that good because it often feels like you are staying in somebody's spare bedroom and questions from the host can sometimes be intrusive. However, I must say that my opinion has now changed thanks to a very pleasant experience of staying at Avon View. I found the atmosphere to be relaxed but welcoming. The room had lovely views of the Bristol Channel. The bed was very comfortable and warm. The bathroom contained a nice selection of products such as bath foam, hand wash, hand lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Breakfast consisted of a good selection of cereals, juices and fruit followed by a lovely cooked breakfast, toast and jams, marmalades and honey. The house has a very homely feel. It's difficult to find fault with this guest house but at first sight it appeared that only bottle water was available in the room but I later found a kettle, tea and coffee hidden away in the drawer of the bedside table. This hadn't been pointed out to me but on arrival I only stopped briefly to drop off my suitcase so this was probably overlooked. I can't complain about the amount of towels or their quality but bath sheets rather than bath towels would have been a nice touch, and I couldn't find a hairdryer. It should also be noted that the guest house is up a very steep hill and although the downhill walk into town is only about 5-10 minutes the walk uphill would have been an arduous climb. On the plus side taxis are cheap so there's no need to tackle the hill. Over all a first class place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Itchyfeet021065
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Lovely warm welcome, very large and comfortable room and great breakfast. Also great location, only 5 minute walk to windmill pub. Was originally going to stay in premier inn but glad we changed our mind due it being on edge of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed for one night in July 2011 for the Portishead Flower Show and have just booked again for this July. I feel this is one of the best B&Bs I have ever stayed in. The welcome was wonderful; a beautifully clean and comfortable bedroom; the ensuite was charming with an array of pampering bath products available; a cup of tea and shortbread on arrival and a fabulous breakfast, at a time to suit, with home made preserves available. Couldn't ask for any more. The tariff is reasonable and Kate is a truly wonderful hostess. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here on Saturday night. We had hoped to stay in Bristol, but as we could not find accommodation we ended up here.
The owner was away I think and family members were looking after the place. They were extremely helpful and friendly. We had a large room at the end of the corridor on the 2nd floor overlooking the street. The ensuite bathroom had a bathtub and bubble bath available.
We were given proper wine glasses when we requested and got to decide the time for our breakfast in the morning (we notice most B&B's set the time to 8:30am, but here you could choose).
Would definitely stay here again if passing by.

On another note, we had dinner at the Italian restaurant in the main street - the service was great, but the food was average (we both had pasta dishes).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portishead
Travelodge Portishead
Warrens Village
#2 of 2 in Clevedon
Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House

Been to Avon View? Share your experiences!