“Just the way we like it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruan Kum Rai Thai - CLOSED

Ruan Kum Rai Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We pride ourselves in serving fresh, flavoursome, authentic Thai dishes with only the best ingredients sourced from around the world. Inspired by the delicious tastes of Thailand, we make everything by hand, from our mouth-watering soups and sauces to our appetising salads and desserts.Our friendly staff are ready to cater for your every need, proud of the time and effort that goes into preparing each of our dishes. Enjoy luxurious Thai delicacies amongst a fine selection of quality wines served by the glass or bottle. Whether you're with the family, friends or as a couple, we are there for every occasion including our convenient takeaway service. With a relaxed atmosphere and authentic Thai interior, Ruan Kum Rai is everything a Thai restaurant should be. We look forward to serving you soon.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Just the way we like it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We usually go to restaurants during the week as I have a hearing problem and crowded noisy places make it worse. We love it at the Raun Kum Rai the service and food is excellent, although we do not like our food too spicy hot, we always ask for not too hot and it is always just the way we like it. No loud rock music blasting your eardrums just gentle Thai music that allows normal conversation. This is our most favourite Restaurant in Pontefract. We are going again tonight.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Jeanwa

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Local heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been to the Ruan Kum Rai many times and it has never failed me. This is a Thai owned Thai restaurant that serves fresh authentic Thai food. The soups by themselves are heaven alone but I have tried many different dishes all of which have been tasty fresh and truly Authentic. The restaurant is reasonable in price and is worth a visit if you are in the area or live in the area.

6 Thank gary r
“A little gem in Pontefract”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here loads of times and I am never disappointed. I have been to Thailand and had the chicken and chilli soup and must say this place compares. All the food is fresh bottles of wine are reasonable. And the noodles are to die for

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank Becky0405
“Lovely Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited on Valentines Day, and we had a wonderful time! We had to wait a while for drink orders to be taken and for the food to come in general. Our starters had mistakenly been forgotten, but that was put right by a round of free drinks. There were only 2 people serving, and I know that it was a busy night, but I just felt that they needed an extra member of staff.
It was however definitely worth the wait without a shadow of a doubt. The food was some of the best Thai food that I've had! We shared the mixed starter and the ribs, which just fell off the bone and were completely wonderful! My boyfriend had seabass for main, and I have garlic duck and we shared some pad thai. My boyfriends fish was cooked perfectly, but my duck was the star of the show, the flavours were amazing, and the duck skin scratchings on top just finished it off with something a bit different.
The service, apart from having to wait, was brilliant, they were so helpful and lovely. i especially loved that we were able to take our time and not be rushed out like alot of other restaurants would do on Valentines Day.
We had a wonderful night, I even received a rose! And I would definitely go back again very very soon!

4 Thank sare1983
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food with Great Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my Girlfriend visited this Thai restaurant in Pontefract for the first time on Friday night and I will start off by saying I will certainly be going back some time in the near future.

It was my first experience of Thai food and it was delicious. The food was presented perfectly with flowers made out of various vegetables for show.

Would recommend to family and friends!!

5 Thank Thomson1991