“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I decided on a mid week treat and after reading the reviews on here we decided to vary our usual curry establishment (just down the road) and try Shurma. The other half was a little sceptical as he is a big fan of the place down the road. We were astounded how busy the place was for a Wednesday but they managed to squeeze us in. We then found that Wednesday is a special offer night with 4 courses for £8.95!!

The other half was even more sceptical that the food would be good at these prices but we ordered from the menu. Lots of choice available even on the deal.

The raita with the poppadoms was lovely to start with and the starters were beautiful. Fresh tasty and did not seem like something from a special offer menu.

The main courses again were lovely. Not scrimped on the portions and very flavourful. Rice and naan are included in the meal to mop up the lovely sauces.

I was full to the brim but a bit of ice cream or coffee could finish your meal if you fancy.

I was very imoressed with the courteous and attentive staff and lovely food and my partner even had to admit begrudgingly it was very very good and rivals his favourote other curry house not too far away so that is great praise indeed.

Well worth a visit but try and book if its a wednesday or sunday.

2 Thank Kathryn R

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“I must have been an a bad night”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I had a takeaway here a couple of weeks ago after reading the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, but I have to say it was nothing more than average, I have eaten much better than this locally.

• Visited February 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in a long time.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Having had 2 takeaways from here in previous weeks, we decided to visit the restaurant. We were not disappointed. The food is excellent & the service outstanding. The restaurant is spotless & tastefully decorated. Prices are very reasonable & you take your own alcohol. It's taken a long time to find a curry as good as this.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jane B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“excellent value for money”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

went on a sunday evening when they have the offer on 3 or 4 courses I think it is for £9.95 and it takes some beating. massive portion sizes excellent service. efficient, always go the extra mile to cater for your needs. added bonus can also take own drinks in aswell so cuts the cost down. 4 of us ate and was less then £40 and virtually rolled out of the door. unbeatable.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Chrisdawson93
wakefield
“Great meal”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I took the family to this restaurant on Saturday and don't know why we did not come sooner, the place was not too busy and we were nicely welcomed as we walked through the door. We were offered any table of our choice that wasn't taken and were given ample time to settle in and choose our meals. The meal itself was fantastic, I rate it as one of the best Indians I've had for a long time, another good point was you were able to take your own drinks which cut the cost of the bill down by a considerable amount. All of the staff that we spoke to were all friendly and courteous.
We will definitely be going back soon.

Visited February 2014