“My new favourite coffee shop!”

Coffee at the Court
Description: A fantastic cafe serving rustic light lunches, snacks and wondrous cakes, all home made by us - with love x
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’d read the other reviews of this place and some friends had visited so thought I’d try it for myself. I took my hubby along and we both had coffee, a toastie each (I definitely recommend the rhubarb & date chutney!) shared a scone and because the cakes looked so delicious we took two home with us (chocolate orange & cherry bakewell sponge), absolute bargain for £20! Hosts were super friendly & clearly knowledgeable about their ingredients. Will definitely be going back!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

We have been to Coffee At The Court several times now and it is really friendly, with lovely food, set in great surroundings. It is a fab independent addition to the town and we will be back many times again.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Had a Caramel Latte and a gorgeous piece of Chocolate Brownie with a side of pouring cream. Would recommend to anyone in the local area. Great value for money and 5* star service.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 14, 2019

Last week I visited Coffee at The Court for afternoon tea with family. Firstly I have to say that the ladies who were working in there are absolutely lovely: friendly, helpful and obliging. They made every effort to ensure that we had everything we needed.

The environment is delightful with the food being served on shabby chic, mis-matched China and cabinets of antiquities on display.

Two of my family ordered a regular afternoon tea and my daughter and myself requested a vegan option in advance. Not sure what to expect, I can only say we were thrilled with the food we were served. It looked lovely and tasted divine. We were all full up and enjoyed our afternoon tea at Coffee at The Court immensely.

Will definitely be back and would highly recommend to others.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019

This smart little cafe is situated upstairs from the new antiques market in the old Magistrates Court building. They have a smallish menu of snacks and light meals and, although we didn’t sample them, they sounded both imaginative and tasty - particularly the platters.

We simply had tea, coffee and cake and it was all top class. Service was also very good indeed and this is certainly a cafe we will use again.

Date of visit: July 2019