“Convenient for LDC events”
Review of Tower House

Tower House
Ranked #1 of 3 Pontefract B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The welcome was warm and un-fussy just how I like it. I was given my own key to come and go as I pleased and was not bothered by noise or knocks on doors as I've experienced elsewhere. My breakfast was enjoyable with plenty of choices, My cooked breakfast was served promptly at my chosen time. I'd booked it the night before. The room was clean and bright with free wifi. I coped with the electric plugs being behind the beds but a disabled person might struggle with moving the bed as I had to do to plug my laptop and phone in. I'd have preferred to be able to close the lined dark curtains as I need a completely dark room, but this isn't possible because of the curtains being stopped by the rail brackets. This may not bother other people as the blinds were of a heavy kind, but some light gets through in all the downward cracks, at the edges and at the top. I'd come to this guesthouse again but I'd have to find out about curtains firstly, else bring eye shades. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were hard and gave me neck ache (I'll bring my own pillow next time).

Room Tip: The ground floor wasn't very noisy, just a little bit of traffic heard. I was told that the top...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I thank you sincerely for your comments about your room and will act upon them immediately to ensure that we give our guests the best possible experience when staying with us. All our rooms have 2 extra spare pillows in all the wardrobes for the comfort of the guests to either change the pillows or to have extra if required, I believe this must have been an oversight on my behalf to not have explained this when I checked you in and for this I can only apologise. I will also ensure that we check the blinds thoroughly to correct any problems we might have that have caused the blinds not to close properly as they are as you have mentioned a very heavy black out material that we purchased to ensure they did black out the room. With regards to the plug sockets they are as you rightly mention difficult to access as they are behind the bed however we do provide extra sockets at the side of the large desk and comfortable reclining office chair for guests to use their laptops in comfort. I am so pleased that you have mentioned you will use our guest house again and notice that you have already booked a room to stay with us in March, I therefore look forward to welcoming you back.
Kindest Regards
Mrs Carol Slatter (Proprietor)

There are newer reviews for Tower House

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a wonderful two week stay here, whilst training for a new contract. I received a warm welcome on my arrival by Carol and was very well looked after throughout my stay. The room which I stayed in was big, very clean, well equiped and had great decor. There was a fantastic choice for breakfast and Rita cooked me a delicious and well presented breakfast each day. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you for looking after me so well.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice room, good chippy down the road, good brekkie!
Good reception on arrival. Not sure it is a five star though? More like a four star.
Would I stay again? Yes!
Good location for Pontefract.
Thanks for looking after me.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a great stay here when I went to pontefract for our Christmas party.
Room was really clean, plenty of towels and the dressing gowns were a great touch.
My only negative was I was in the attic room and I could hear the wind howling around the rooftops. Also the room was slightly chilly but once under the chunky warm duvet I was ok.
But the wonderful breakfast the following morning was amazing and we'll presented.
I would stay here again and plan to do so for the pontefract race meetin but I will request not to be put in the attic room .

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2014

first time to me at the Tower House
I was on a business trip In UK and travelling by car to meet potential customers.
Miss.Carol and Tim her hursband helped me a lot, also for business ideas..
Room was great, clean and comfortable, private parking
and wife wife stable and free.
A real warm British family hospitality, much better than a chilly standard Hotel with no smile
my dealer in UK is 60 minutes drive from this Tower House, next time I will stay in this great family place for sure..
Breakfast was OK with plenty of food and great orange juice.

My rate for this Tower House place is 10. best rate.
This is not commom from my side, normally my rate is 8 .

Room Tip: all rooms OK; area is quite .
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your great review, I am so pleased that we met your expectations and that you rated us 10 out of 10. Both my husband and I look forward to welcoming you back to Tower House for your business trip and as you mentioned because we are local people and we have extensive knowledge of Pontefract and the surrounding areas this enables us to answer any questions either you or other guests may have. Once again it was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Pontefract and Tower House Guest House.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great welcome, friend service, spotlessly clean and lovely breakfast! What more can you want?

The Tower House is a gem of a place to put your head down!

Followed the recommendation for dinner at the nearby Cobbler and it was great pub grub.

• Stayed: January 2014
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Many thanks for your kind words I am so glad that you will be back to stay at Tower House and that we can welcome you back once again.
Carol.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have stayed at the Tower House many times over the last few years and have always found it THE place to stay. Carol the owner is always very welcoming, everywhere is lovely and clean and the rooms are very luxurious, all with en-suite.

Room Tip: The Wellington Room is on the ground floor and is set up for a disabled visitor, especially with a d...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Arthur for your great review, it is always a pleasure to welcome you back and we look forward to seeing you in the spring.
Carol.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontefract
Travelodge Pontefract Ferrybridge A1/M62
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston
Wentbridge House Hotel
Wentbridge House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wentbridge

Been to Tower House? Share your experiences!