“PONTEFRACT'S FINEST”

Ranked #1 of 3 Pontefract B&B and Inns
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“PONTEFRACT'S FINEST”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have to say that The Tower House is one of the most friendly, well presented and spotlessly clean guest houses I have ever stayed in!! I travel extensively throughout the North of England and Scotland but rarely have the opportunity to have such excellent facilities for such reasonable tarriffs!!
The courtesy shown by Carol and Tim make it feel like a home from home experience, infact if I was this well treated at home I would probably choose not work away so much!

I look forward to have the chance to stay there again soon, top marks all round

PS
Breakfast was top notch too!!

And thank you to the lady at the local Royal Mail delivery office for pointing me in the right direction

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, and also to the sorting office for recommending us. It is always a great pleasure to receive excellent reviews from our guests and to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. Many Thanks Carol (Owner)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is one of the most comfortable clean hotels we have had the pleasure of staying in.Nothing has been overlooked when it comes to making the hotel a smart,clean and comfortable home from home.congratulations to Carol and her staff 11 out of 10 !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments, it was a pleasure to meet you both and share our hospitality with you over the weekend.
Kindest Regards
Carol & Tim & Rita.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Tower House whilst attending an induction course at the nearby Learner Driving Centre. And what an absolute pleasure it was. I'd read all the reviews prior to my stay and to be honest I did think to myself "Surely it can't be THAT good!!" ~ how wrong was I ?? From arrival to departure nothing was too much trouble for Tim and the staff at Tower House. I stayed in the Priory Room on the 3rd floor. It was superb, spotlessly clean, the bathroom was amazing and when they describe the towels as "fluffy" they're certainly not kidding !!
A varied selection of breakfasts were offered to me by Tim ~ I chose the full English which was fantastic ~ credit to the lovely Rita for the perfect start to the day.
I cannot praise Tim, Carol and Rita highly enough for their efforts. If you're in or around the Pontefract area ~ a stay at the Tower House is an absolute must. You will not be disappointed.

Hope to see you again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
We are so glad you found Tower House to be a 'a real home from home' and also enjoyed your breakfasts, Rita prides herself on ensuring you start your day with a fantastic breakfast., we wish you every success with your new business and appreciate the time and effort put into writing this wonderful review. Kindest Regards & many thanks.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in the evening and had booked two rooms.
Nice and smooth check-in in a simple office.
However, while entering the rooms; WAW! So nice!
Well decorated, coozy athmosphere, warm feeling, clean, everything worked perfectly!
Not to speak about the breakfast; great choices and taste!
This is probably one of the best places I stayed at and I am travelling alot around the world and stay in many 3-.5 star hotels.
Go there!

Room Tip: Go to this hotel and stay there! Go for a short (15 minutes) walk to the city and have good curry i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter J
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments, it was a pleasure to meet you and share our hospitality with you, I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Tower House Guest House should you return to Pontefract.
Kindest Regards
Carol.
Onsala
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Friendly, clean and welcoming. Nicely decorated rooms and delicious breakfast at a low cost. Free wi-fi and parking. Instead of staying in one of the big impersonal hotel chains this is a good option for any business traveller or tourist in the region.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your appreciative words, I am pleased we can offer our facilities at a very affordable price especially when guests use our accommodation whilst on business and appreciate that our small guest house offers five star facilities at prices much less then 5 star hotels. I do hope we can welcome you again when you visit the UK. Many Thanks
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am retired and I used to inspect hotels in my line of work and I can honestly say this Guest House is worthy of any accolade that is around , Carol a very nice lady (typically Yorkshire) her mum (the Chef) also a very nice lady and excellent cook. The room I had (The Huntingdon) brilliant, everything was immaculate, well presented and excellent tea tray choice, the room had a very good trouser press in it, a writing desk with leather chairs for comfort, the double bed was very comfortable. I went for breakfast at 0730 having had a great shower in the immaculate bathroom (well appointed once again with little things that you may have forgot , (in my case toothpaste) . The full english was cooked to perfection with real butter for my toast, and proper milk. A tv was on in the dining room for me to catch up with the mornings news. BRILLIANT.
I am definetley staying there again as I have further trips to make and I cant wait. A wonderful place to stay, wonderful people. I'LL BE BACK.

Room Tip: I was in a front room, a little traffic noise but double glazing did has it says on the tin. There...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank harry r
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and really pleased you enjoyed your stay at Tower House Executive Guest House, its always good when guests mention the details that have really impressed them . We look forward to your return visit and thank you so much for posting your review.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed in the Bridal Suite at this Guest House. Accompanied my husband on a business trip. What a fabulous guest house, lovely room, decor & attention to detail throughout the place is of a very high standard. Yorkshire breakfast that sets you up for the day. Secure parking.Hope to stay again soon. Brilliant - thank you!

• Stayed October 2012
Carolslatt, Owner at Tower House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your very positive review of Tower House Guest House, we appreciate this very much and are so glad you enjoyed your mini honeymoon with us, we look forward to welcoming you both back as 'Mr & Mrs' Kindest Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontefract
Premier Inn Pontefract North Hotel
King's Croft Hotel
King's Croft Hotel
#2 of 6 in Pontefract
Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel
Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel
Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel
Premier Inn Castleford M62 Jct 31 Hotel

Been to Tower House? Share your experiences!