“Not a fan at all”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Not a fan at all”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We've been here twice now. The first time was bad enough, but we gave it another go a few months ago, just as bad. The service is ridiculously bad, the waiters just don't care in my opinion. The atmosphere is terrible because its mostly empty.
The food for me is bland and lacked spice. The choice on the menu looks good, but it doesn't deliver in reality. The onion bhajis are actually onion rings much to our amazement, its just bizarre from start to finish.
I would never go here again unfortunately. I don't like writing bad reviews at all, but my experiences here have just been that bad.
The best Indian in pontefract is Pabna on ropergate, go there instead to avoid disappointment.

2 Thank sare1983
Al J, Manager at Al-Jamil, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.
However, you say the waiters didn't care and the service is ridiculous but the Chef always goes around to ask everyone how they found the food if you did raise any concerns at the time, I'm sure we could have arranged a discount or provided you with another meal.
In addition to this, you say you've been twice, however how does that allow you to say it's normally empty?
We take all criticisms on board and you're the first person to complain about the onion bhaji. The onion bhaji that we serve is unique and original from Kashmir, there's a big difference between onion bhaji's and onion rings. If you fancy something different, there's many alternatives on our menu and we always try our best to fulfil your requests.
Please come back and we'll ensure we cater to your requests. Thank you for your feedback.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, all the time!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I wanted to write a review for Al-Jamil as we basically order a takeaway from them every week and we have found the food fantastic, really tasty and it always arrives on time, to the minute mostly! I wanted to give a good review to thank them for this.

PS. We are ordering tonight as well. Our Friday night staple.

• Visited December 2012
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Another Excellent Meal”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Superb tasty food once again.

I love this place, beats the other curry house in Pontefract by miles.

Keep up the good work guys.

• Visited November 2012
Al J, Manager at Al-Jamil, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
We value your custom and are pleased you enjoy your meals.
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my birthday”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Due to my experience I think Al - Jamil is an outstanding restaurant, this is my second time I have been with my family and I will continue going. The food is mouthwatering, very tasty and its nothing like I've tasted before. I went for my birthday with my family, the service was good and the workers are very friendly, they assist you with a smile which brightens the atmosphere, I recommend people of all ages and different occasions to go to Al - Jamil's.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Maryam B
York, United Kingdom
“Nice food, poor service.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Empty, but still poor service, waItIng ages for drInks and generaly unattended to. very disappointed because the food was lovely and very good value.