“great find”

Heatherlea Guest House
Ranked #1 of 7 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just stayed one night before our flight & very pleased to find this guest house.
spotlessly clean, very friendly lady.
left our car here for 2 weeks & our Taxi to the airport was arranged by heatherlea no problem.
Get the taxi back right outside airport door so theres no hanging around for shuttle buses
would,nt hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Heatherlea Guest House

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Excellent place to stay, away from the hectic of the city, but just a short walk and a 20 minute train ride from Manchester. Lovely friendly people and full spec breakfast for even those who have over indulged and need some rejuvenating.
Flexible, friendly and helpful to all of the questions and requirements we put to them and when I visit Manchester again and have the chance to choose my accomodation, then this will be top of the list. Nice restaurants and bars closely located nearby, all within walking distance.
Handy for the airport as well, with the train again delivering you there in under 15 minutes.

Room Tip: Only stayed in room 5 which faced the road, but the traffic was never enough to disturb me.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights here and can thoroughly recommend this B&B to others. It was very comfortable, clean and nicely appointed. The host was very friendly and was happy to offer advice about places to visit. For people flying into Manchester Airport is is an ideal place to stay. The B&B is not too far from the shops - it is walkable however we did drive. The breakfast was excellent and they have a good choice of food. All up well an wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

After being left in a difficult situation where I was without accommodation for 10 nights, Heatherlea Guest House was exactly what I was looking for. Working in Central Manchester, the B&B was only a 25 minutes drive away and a short distance from Wilmslow town centre.
After sending them a desperate email, the ladies were more than welcome to help me out, providing me with a spacious room so I could leave all of my belongings there whilst I was at work. (Being in the Fashion Industry, having a lot of clothes kind of comes with the job title!)

The room that I was provided with had all of the basics that I required: hair dryer, television, tea and coffee facilities and a free wifi connection. When I arrived back from work, the room was always in an immaculate state, rather unlike how I would leave it in the morning.
As my stay was including breakfast, every morning I was offered a full fry-up which I would regretfully have to deny most mornings, but a selection of cereals and fresh fruit was also provided.

Both Diane and Marjorie were very attentive and caring towards me, always making sure I had everything I needed and required. They truly have been amazing and really helped me in a difficult situation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed at several airport hotels at Manchester in the past, and what I didn't like about them was the proximity to noise, the rip-off prices and the horrible state of the rooms. I therefore decided to give HeatherLea a shot. Even though it's a few miles away from the airport, it doesn't really work out any more expensive than an airport hotel if you use a pre-booked taxi, and the experience you'll get is far superior.

The room was clean, had all the right furniture and a good bathroom. It was also very quiet and I got a great nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was made to order and the ingredients were good quality. But what stood out most were the owners, who were very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend HeatherLea for whatever your purpose of travel is.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed with Diane and Margery for three months while working 200+ miles away from home. My room was excellent and the house was quite, I never had a problem sleeping while working odd shift times. I was made to feel extremely welcome and was looked after excellently. I would defiantly recommend staying here as I found my time there to be fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stay one night Tuesday 15th October. My room was very clean and plenty of space, plenty of off road parking, this is a very friendly guesthouse. Marjorie was so apologetic for not being there when I arrived, she offered to take me into town for my evening meal, so kind. As I was leaving at 5 in the morning I missed the well acclaimed breakfast, but got a reduction on the room price, thank you for a lovely stay, will recommended this guesthouse to my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank barry d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
The Wilmslow Lodge
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
The Airport Inn Manchester

Been to Heatherlea Guest House? Share your experiences!