The Wilmslow Lodge
$66
$55
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Heatherlea Guest House(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
$67
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
$100
$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubmanchester airportbig bedfree wifipub next doorgood sizeclean roomsironing boardconvenient locationwould stay againbusiness tripnice roomsaturday nightcar parkgood nights sleepan evening mealalderley edge
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Having to travel up and down the country with work the wilmslow lodge is in the middle of England it's perfect for me, the rooms are very clean, facilities are good & if your hungry they have a pub next door called the coach and four which on a Wednesday does the best pies 10/10

Reviewed May 8, 2010

Booked this through laterooms, recommended by a colleague who lives nearby, and as i was meeting them that evening, went with the recommendation without looking elsewhere. Central, spotless, and good quality bed/shower/cleanliness. More of a block of rooms behind the pub than a specific hotel, but excellent. Can recommend curry night in the pub on a thursday!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Had trouble booking initially - called and asked to book a room and a voice at the end of the phone just grunted and then the line went silent, seemingly whilst he just had a chat with his mate. After waiting for nearly minute and saying 'hello' to myself, I hung up and called again, managing to reach a human being capable of dealing with the clearly complex task of taking my booking.

Have to say we were delighted by the location of the hotel when we arrived - couldn't be better as it is right in the centre of Wilmslow village with all the shops and restaurants in easy reach. Room appeared okay too - pretty standard fare at this price level.

However, we were awoken from around 6:30am the next morning when it became apparent that the rooms and hotel in general had been constructed from rice paper and cardboard. We could clearly hear the conversation of the guests next door as if they were lying next to us in bed. Intimate. Also when someone had a shower I actually wondered for a moment whether they were in ours it was so loud. Not good when nursing a hangover from a wedding reception and not likely to kindle passion in the morning.

Hopefully we thought maybe breakfast would be our salvation. Wrong wrong wrong. We arrived bleary eyed from our early morning wake up, to find no staff at all other than two cleaners mopping up and cleaning around where we stood. We tried to decipher a buffet system which seemingly had key elementrs removed to make the event more 'challenging'. The tea machine was empty of water completely, picking up a croissant lead to the difficult decision of 'do I use a saucer or a bowl' and milk was cunningly hidden away in a secret jug in a fridge round the corner. The vessel was so enourmous my girlfriend nearly fell in. When we did finally find a staff member to take our order, Sally pointed out that the tea machine was empty. In reply the waitress merely piped up that it was temperamental. Er no its just empty. Having sat by the fire we then played an interesting game of moving to the buffet to try to acquire the items missing from our table, deftly dodging and weaving around the enthusiastic and probing mops of the cleaners. Breakfast arrived quickly, too quickly for my liking. I find it remarkably difficult at home to make a full fried breakfast in under three minutes but that was apparently what ha been achieved here. Closer inspection revealed a creation process more likley to have drawn on a microwave and bain marie rather than the mystic art of 'cooking' . Having eaten what we could of our tepid breakfast we finished our dish of croissants and moved back to reception to check out. Except there was no-one there. I picked up the reception phone to try to contact somebody, anybody who might have the means to release us from the place. No answer. We waited for around ten minutes and eventually a voice answered the phone saying she would be with us in a moment. Many moments passed an she eventially appeared, telling Sally quite matter of factly that she should have just posted the room keys into the box. Gee thanks - could you not have told us that over the phone?

We left in high spirits however - the sun was shining and we had escaped.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James_Junior14
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Stayed on a Thursday which coincided with the curry night- great curry. Beer was good too and the pub is listed in the Good Beer Guide.
Nice to stay at a Lodge adjacent to such a good pub.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Great location, I chose to stay at the Wilmslow Lodge as it is only a few miles from the M56, and sitauted near Wilmslow train station so I was able to avoid driving/parking in Manchester City Centre for my business meeting. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and the room was of a good size, comfortable and spotless. During business trips I often find it daunting looking for somewhere to eat alone, but as soon as I walked into the adjacent pub, the Coach & Four, I was immediately made to feel welcome by the staff. Internet access is available in both the Wilmslow Lodge and the pub, so I was able to take my laptop across to the pub while I enjoyed a delicious meal and a glass of wine - and it was a treat to sit near an open log fire during a buisness trip! Breakfast was excellent. Free parking also included.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business