“Amazing Sunday roast ”

Cuisines: Pub
Description: Award winning pie menu
Description: Award winning pie menu
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Me and my sister went for a roast dinner today after reading the good reviews on here. Could not fault anything at all. The place is casual and comfortable. The roast dinner was absolutely delicious. I had chicken breast and my sister had lamb and beef and it was perfect. Everything was cooked perfectly and there was plenty of it. The female waitress especially was very friendly and attentive. Will definitely be returning when I am in the area again!

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I visited here last week with my mum for the afternoon tea that was advertised and it exceeded both our expectations. The staff are lovely, friendly and efficient. The quality and quantity of food was fantastic and I could not recommend enough. The presentation of the afternoon tea was outstanding and the picnic bench detail was a beautiful touch. We were continuously looked after and asked if we required more refreshments in which they were very reasonably priced. We ended up staying longer than we had anticipated due to us enjoying ourselves and it not breaking the bank. Upon leaving a staff member kindly told us that if we wished to visit again for afternoon tea to phone them and he would apply a discount for us. However, we always planned to visit again, discount or not. Although we did not have a roast dinner, it looked amazing and we will be returning here for this soon! Thank you to all the staff here :-)

1  Thank Sarah Lauren S
Reviewed August 10, 2017

It was an enjoyable hour over pub food and a drink. Staff are very nice. This place could be a bustling place like the old days.....given the chance to have long term managers again and regular customers. There was a menu hidden behind the pub menu that I hadn't seen before I ordered my food. May have gone with that if I had realised. Perhaps freshly printed new menus maybe an idea or blackboard specials.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

This pub is truly amazing. The food is absolutely delicious, freshly prepared, and served to perfection. The Sunday lunch is to die for. They do 2 main meals and a bottle of wine on a Thursday for £25... you wont find a better bargain anywhere.
The staff here go the extra mile, nothing is too much trouble.
We travel 6 miles to eat here as the food is so good. I give this place 5 stars. Try it, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. You will definitely be going back for more.

1  Thank P M
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Not a massive fan of Sunday Roasts as they're much of muchness and tend to avoid when selecting from the menu, however I'll need to reconsider after my visit to the Carter's Arms. Absolutely gorgeous from start to finish believe me. Well worth the 40 minute drive and without doubt we'll be returning soon, big thanks to the staff amazing service. Give it a go.