“Good pub food”

Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went in on a Friday night for dinner with a large group of friends. We were pleased with the menu choices and the service received. I had the beef slow cooked rib which was delicious and a very large portion! Everyone enjoyed the food, there was one complaint that the sea bass special portion wasn't big enough as it was very small but other than that a great meal. The atmosphere is nice, the restaurant has lots of sections so if you want a quiet meal for two you can feel quite private and if you want a less secluded setting you can sit nearer the bar.

There are newer reviews for Bulls Head

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Called into the Bulls Head for tea. Once we'd decided what we wanted, I went to the bar to order.
Sadly it seems I forgot I was wearing my cloak of invisibility, as the two staff behind the bar managed to blank me totally. They also managed to go and clear glasses and discuss pubs in Didsbury rather than serve me.
Thankfully, after 10-15 minutes, a third member of staff then appeared. Even while I was complaining about the woman who was ignoring me (who was stood right infront of me at this point) she still managed to not look at me.
Its a shame that this pretty much ruined the visit. The food is decent, its not overly priced and once you have managed to order, the food comes quickly.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went out with the intention of eating at another local pub/restaurant, having looked at the menu of the other place we decided to leave as there did not appear to be much choice! We decided to visit the Bulls head as it has been many years since our last visit. What a good choice we made, very friendly staff, good choice of food, nicely presented and hot! very warm welcoming restaurant and will definitely be returning. seems like the other place has just lost 2 of its regular customers due to a miserable looking menu. Well done Bulls head keep up the good work.

1  Thank sukeStockport
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped off on the way home and a 1st visit to this pub. The layout was clean and welcoming and the service excellent. I had a medium done steak and my wife a vegetarian meal. The quality of both meals was excellent for under ten pounds each meal off the main menue. Well Done

1  Thank SpanishPaul
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent choice of reasonably priced food and drink. Ideal place to relax and get into the holiday mood before a long flight the following day.

1  Thank PatandHal