“Great for airport and no complaints !!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Airport Inn Manchester

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
yorkshire
“Great for airport and no complaints !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a family room for 4 before early flight and can not complain about anything. Fast check in. Great pool. Ate in restaurant 2 courses for 2 including glass of wine £30. Airport transfers quick and trouble free. Secure parking. Would we stay again... Yes and would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked to stay at this hotel in January 2014, via the Holiday Inn website. A few days later it became a Britannia Hotel, so we stayed there just as it had changed over. The room was on the ground floor and was really nice - massive bed, sofa, good size bathroom, clean, airy. The breakfast is self serve cooked & continental with a reasonable range of food. All in all a good stay for 1 night.

On the second occasion we stayed there in February, and were located in a room on the second floor. As others have said, some of the rooms are very small indeed. The double bed touched the wall on one side of the room in order to fit it in. There was a chair to sit in, but you couldn't do anything in the room other than sleep. Unfortunately it was also really really hot. This part of the hotel was at complete odds to where we had stayed in January - like a different hotel. It seems as if one part is modern and refurbished, whilst the other is dated and cramped. As it is a Britannia hotel now, you have to pay for breakfast separately. Breakfast was the same as in January.

Room 1 would be great for a multi-day trip, room 2 is only ok for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Beverley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is now a Britannia hotel for the last month or so. We got a good deal for 1 night dinner/ bed and breakfast plus leisure club for ourselves plus 6 yr old grandson. Unfortunately the reception/restaurant staff didn't seem to know of this offer and kept trying to charge us for meals and entry to leisure club. Good job I had printed the deal out to show them. The room was ok, although they at first gave us a room with one big bed, soon moved us to another room with sofa bed which they came and put out for us. The room was disappointing, in that it did not resemble any of the professional photos(surprise). For one night it was ok although the high level shower head was not working, but there was one from the taps lower down, but couldn't stand up and shower unless you held the shower head. Big bath towels. The food was ok, the grandson enjoyed choosing from the childrens menu, which was on the back of a monkey mask to colour in, although we had to ask for crayons for him to do so. It didn't seem particularly child friendly and I think our grandson was the only child in the hotel. Restaurant staff weren't at all friendly. Restaurant was very pleasant surroundings. We enjoyed going for a swim even though half the pool was cordoned off for childrens swimming lessons. I understand there is now a £5 charge to use the leisure club. We booked on line directly with the hotel and got a very cheap deal, wouldn't have liked to pay any more. It needs money spending on the rooms and to improve the unfriendly restaurant staff. We then went off to visit LEGOLAND at the Trafford Centre, although as this is an airport hotel, I suspect most people would be catching flights.

Room Tip: In our experience they took no notice of our special request for a room suitable for grandparents an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Stamford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Cannot remember the last time I stayed in a room so small, we dined in the restaurant at night shame the food was not a match to the service wine in the bar is priced as if you were in one of the top london hotels not on the side of a road near an airport, eat and drink before you stop here wish we had

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thedon23
Easington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Please be aware that I did not use any of the facilities outside of my room...

I was booked into this hotel as I had a flight early the next day and it served its purpose well. The room was ideal for everything I needed, and all to a high quality. The bathroom was perfect and the bed cosy.

The Hotel itself is location a little too far away from the main airport terminals and this was not specified anywhere when the booking was made (hence why I am pointing it out). I arrived later on in the evening which cost me £12, from the airport to the hotel, and then a further £10 to return to the airport for my flight the next day. As this was just a stop over I could have done with being closer to the airport and reducing this cost.

However, I was pleased with my stay and services I received and would happily stay again hopefully making more use of the pool areas!

Room Tip: I did stay in the executive suit.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Metcow_Inc
North Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed overnight here in mid January . I can't find anything to complain about and I am one fussy customer who likes the fine things in life! On arrival the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. We had booked a standard king size room which was on the ground floor- no extra frills! It was very clean and comfortable and as we were able to open the window we had a comfortable temperature in the room and slept well. Our friends had rooms on the 2nd floor and said they were too hot and didn't sleep that well ! Car parking was on site and secure which was an added bonus and transfer to and from the airport was included in the price and was well organised. Dinner was reasonable and the staff were very pleasant- the same at breakfast. For an airport hotel this was just what we needed and would certainly return. Can't understand the negative comments.I have given 4 stars instead of 5 only because it's not 5* luxury but it's certainly worth the 4.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14- good size, huge bed and very clean. Also not too hot which our friends experie...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank bandylegs
Little Rissington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Travelled to the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport on business as the normal hotel I stay at was fully booked. First impressions were OK but then it all went down hill from there. The corridors smelt of wee and then I walked in my room which I must say my bathroom at home is bigger than the room and en-suite put together. During my first night the fire alarm sounded at 11pm and 4am. At the 11pm alarm we all had to make our way out for a false alarm. No apology from the hotel or a complementary drink. Thankfully at 4am the alarm only sounded for a few seconds.

The next night after a busy day at work and arriving to the restaurant just after 9pm which closed at 9:30pm I was met by one of the rudest members of staff who tutted at everything and then when my colleagues arrived around 9:20 she got even worse.

If your a borrower or a hobbit then you'll find the rooms of an OK size if your like me of average height I suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Beatboxbumblebee

Travelers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!