“Good start to a holiday”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good start to a holiday”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

we parked the car in the long stay car park and made our way to reception to check in.

we got 2 rooms on the ground floor. ( lower ground) they could have done with a bit of refurbishment - but still they where clean and comfy and quiet.

I booked a table for dinner on arrival and had an excellent meal later that evening.

next morning a taxi took us to the airport without any problems.
a week later we where picked up from the airport and dropped outside the hotel where we picked up our car.

all in all a good relaxing start to a holiday.
We will be using this hotel again on our next vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear chiefnt

Thank you for your review. I will forward your comments onto our Franchise owners in regards to a rooms refurbishment. However I was please to read you found your stay pleasant. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn falls way down the list when it comes to Check-In Staff attitude and the so called freshness and appeal of the rooms. As a Gold Elite Member of the Priority Club, I do expect a bit of extra attention and I have to say that all other IHG brands I've stayed in all over the world are good. However, the attitude and apparent lack of interest in customer satisfaction from the Receptionist at this hotel was as far removed from pleasant as you get. Having asked if there were any room upgrades available, I was promptly told "You've already been upgraded to a King Room" This is what I'd booked in the first place and paid for, but I wasn't going to argue as she was obviously at the end of a long day or at the beginning of a long night. My so called "upgraded room" was in the basement and stunk of dampness and was damp. I asked to move and was given another room in the same block, but on the second floor. Bathroom very tired. Bed kept moving forwards towards the TV when propped up against the headboard!! Pillows had dropped down behind the bed by morning!! No lift by the way in this block! The main block appears to be more modern and has lifts. The carpets in the "old block" are worn and there is a smell of must and dampness in the stairwells and corridors. Breakfast was mediocre. It was in the package I bought, but hugely overpriced for what it was if bought on the day. Not a good ambassador for an otherwise great brand of hotel. Refurbish the rooms and the attitude of your check-in staff

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear airmilesjames

Thank you for your post. I will forward your comments about the rooms and corridors being in need of a refurbishment to our Franchise owners. I will also speak with my reception manager in reference to your comments about the poor welcome you received. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We used this hotel for two weeks parking with an overnight stay on our return. It all worked very smoothly. I like the fact that the car remains parked, where you park it, in their long-stay area at the rear of the hotel and you keep your keys. The transfers to and from the airport went very smoothly with friendly drivers in both directions. The room was perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Breakfast was surprisingly good - plenty of variety and choice. So long as the price is right we shall certainly use this hotel again.

Dear Tricia F

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you had a pleasant stay, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you fly out of Manchester.
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Booked a car parking and hotel deal on return from holiday.
Must have got the smallest room in the hotel had to walk sideways and had to climb in the bed from the end - got into bed and the douvet was torn on the inside - it looked like it had caught in the washer/dryer, too tired to complain at the time but did mention it on departure.
Constant noise from heating pump.

Good job it was only 1 night or would have complained.

I did not expect this from a hotel normally thought to be good quality.

Room Tip: dont go to the rear its noisy- if you are staying longer dont accept a room like ours.
Dear cumbrianradioham

Thank you for your comments which I was disappointed to read. Please accept my sincere apologies for the condition of the linen. Please be assured I have raised this with both out linen supply and my head housekeeper
skelton
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have stayed her quite a few times ,going back to when it was a Moat House. Easy to get to and close to airport. On site parking which is very handy although a bit of a long walk to the long stay, especially when it is raining.Pleasant restraunt and bar area with decent food and service.Free transport to and from airport 24 hours.Breakfast setting very nice and food usually good, but this time poor as food only warm and had to request various items which had not been replenished.Will stay here again as good value for money and breakfast is normally good.

Room Tip: Rooms over reception can be noisy from smokers congregating outside late at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank irvSkelton
Dear irvSkelton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Its nice to read you’re a regular patron to the hotel. I apologise for the quality of the breakfast you received and I have passed on your comments to both my food and beverage manager and my head chef.
I look forward to welcoming you back
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As we had a relatively early check in at Manchester Airport, we chose this hotel due to it's close proximity. As my partner is a 'Priority Club' member & had sufficient points for an overnight stay, there was no charge for the room. How pleased we were! Although on arrival the young lady on reception was extremely pleasant & helpful, we immediately felt the hotel was 'tired'. When entering our room we were very disappointed, so much so that I felt like going straight home! The room was so small with the bed on one side almost against the wall. My partner rang down to reception to speak to the Manager. My partner insisted on moving to another room which the Manager then agreed to. This was so much larger with a settee & it felt to be recently refurbished. We had a light meal in the bar which was fine. Would we stay there again, no we'd stay at the Crown Plaza at the Airport where we've stayed on a couple of occasions.

Dear Elizabeth E

Thank you for your review. We allocate rooms on what was originally booked by our guests. The room you were first allocated is one of our standard double rooms. The room you were moved to was one of our family rooms as the sofa you describe are sofa beds. This was only offered due to availability, however these rooms are often fully booked in advance. We do have executive rooms available which are similar size to the family room, these are available for an additional £20 should you wish to consider using us in the near future.
london
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night before a holiday, room was plesant, space for case etc, staff helpfull, taxi to and from airport in a new coach, driver chatty. You move ur car to back carpark and take ur keys. When came back you just get a code and away you go. Yes I would stay here again as not expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear thecleaner29

Thank you for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!