“Excellent Service”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked the park and fly deal for £95 which meant we could stay over night leave the car there without having to drive around in rush hour traffic trying to find a designated car park....simply leave you car at the hotel and catch a shuttle straight from the hotel to the airport...simple !
Check in was great and the guy on the desk was spot on, gave us a card to fill in in our own time to drop back at the desk to book our shuttle taxi for the following morning along with all the relevant information, couldnt be clearer !!
The room we had was fine, a bit on the small side, but comfortable enough, the bar, as with any hotel is expensive, as is the food, but we took advantage of the two for £29.99 deal which included a starter and a main each, with a glass of wine, the food and service was excellent !!! and well worth the money.
The whole experience was great and we will definatley use this hotel again,the shuttle turned up bang on time, and on our return, from phone call to pick up was certainly no more than 5 minutes wait !!! Hows that for service !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our park and fly package and our team members to be excellent. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your meals and found our hotel to be excellent value and of a high quality. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

John Rothwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for a night as we had a very early flight the next morning. Our alarm call came right on time, and the room was comfortable (bar the sofa bed, where you could feel the springs) if a little warm - the air con definitely needs looking at.

Had an excellent meal in the restaurant, the waiting staff were attentive and obliging. One was on her first ever shift but you wouldn't have known it, and they all dealt admirably with an particularly awkward woman at a nearby table with tact and diplomacy. The food was well cooked, particularly the steak, and we found the soup delicious.

A special mention to Ellie as well, who helped us with our cases and made sure we were reunited with our key after it was accidentally left behind at the bar. A model member of staff. We also used the parking service, which was straightforward and convenient. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for sending feedback on your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything from your meals and room to your wake-up call, excellent. I will be sure to share your review with our team members, especially Ellie, so they can see how much they are appreciated. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel the night before flying abroad. The hotel was easy enough to find and the long stay car park is on site with plenty of parking.

We didn't eat a the restaurant as we arrived quite late but the prices seemed to be quite steep even for an airport hotel.

There was a spa with swimming pool that it was too late to take advantage of. Next time we will make sure we get there a little earlier.

The room was comfortable although very stuffy without the windows open.

The staff were friendly and helpful which made our holiday feel like it had started a day earlier.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Charlotte B

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your liking. I hope that you get to experience everything we have to offer when you return.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is fine, good facilities, location, helpful staff and an ok restaurant, but the problem is that the walls of the rooms are paper thin. I could hear every single word, clear as crystal from my neighbours tv or phone conversations. Luckily he was considerate enough to shut everything done by 10pm, otherwise it would have been a pretty frustrating night. Investigating in a bit of sound proofing would do wonders.

Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read that you found the walls to be too thin and I have taken your comments on board to see what we can do to avoid this happening in the future. I’m pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would like to say a big thank you to the Holiday Inn, after arriving 12hrs late for our Hotel after a delay at our airport, Peter on reception couldn't of been more helpful and is a credit to them. I hope Mr Rothwell thanks him on our behalf. The breakfast was very hot and tasty, buffet style. The bedroom was clean and tidy and at the back of the hotel so we could get our head down and have a good sleep .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am extremely pleased to read that you found Peter to be an excellent member of our team who couldn’t do enough to help out. I will be sure to share your review with him and to thank him of your behalf. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed for one night and I have stayed in plenty of IHG hotels. I got to the hotel late and ordered room service dinner. It was distinctly average, cooler than it should have been and a little thrown together. The room was tired and in desperate need of refurbishment. The rooms were clean but there is plenty of choice around Manchester so will not be using it again.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that you found your stay to not be to the level of quality we hope to achieve. I will be sure to speak to our restaurant team concerning your review to ensure our standards aren’t slipping. I hope you change your mind and return to us in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I arrived late at night after a very long journey, I was looking forward to a lovely room, hot meal and shower, I was shown to a box room, initially when I arrived the reception staff were very accommodating, but after about an hour I couldn't access Internet so asked for help... I'm still waiting.
Went to shower and it was broken, went down to report it, they said they would call maintenance..... I'm still waiting.
By this time I was upset and tired.
Ordered breakfast in my room, it arrived on time but was stone cold. Went for shower again but of course still broken! I gave up.
At checked I refused to pay Internet cost of £15 because I hadn't used it, but was told I still had to pay! I mentioned the shower again and didn't even get an apology.
My husband has been a priority club member for 7 years, but we will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read your stay was not to the standard you would expect from our hotel. I would like to have the chance to restore your faith in our hotel and would ask you to email me on gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay. I hope to hear from you soon.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!