“Paper thin walls” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Poole
“Paper thin walls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is fine, good facilities, location, helpful staff and an ok restaurant, but the problem is that the walls of the rooms are paper thin. I could hear every single word, clear as crystal from my neighbours tv or phone conversations. Luckily he was considerate enough to shut everything done by 10pm, otherwise it would have been a pretty frustrating night. Investigating in a bit of sound proofing would do wonders.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read that you found the walls to be too thin and I have taken your comments on board to see what we can do to avoid this happening in the future. I’m pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope to welcome you back soon.

John Rothwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would like to say a big thank you to the Holiday Inn, after arriving 12hrs late for our Hotel after a delay at our airport, Peter on reception couldn't of been more helpful and is a credit to them. I hope Mr Rothwell thanks him on our behalf. The breakfast was very hot and tasty, buffet style. The bedroom was clean and tidy and at the back of the hotel so we could get our head down and have a good sleep .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am extremely pleased to read that you found Peter to be an excellent member of our team who couldn’t do enough to help out. I will be sure to share your review with him and to thank him of your behalf. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed for one night and I have stayed in plenty of IHG hotels. I got to the hotel late and ordered room service dinner. It was distinctly average, cooler than it should have been and a little thrown together. The room was tired and in desperate need of refurbishment. The rooms were clean but there is plenty of choice around Manchester so will not be using it again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that you found your stay to not be to the level of quality we hope to achieve. I will be sure to speak to our restaurant team concerning your review to ensure our standards aren’t slipping. I hope you change your mind and return to us in the future.

John Rothwell

Travelers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I arrived late at night after a very long journey, I was looking forward to a lovely room, hot meal and shower, I was shown to a box room, initially when I arrived the reception staff were very accommodating, but after about an hour I couldn't access Internet so asked for help... I'm still waiting.
Went to shower and it was broken, went down to report it, they said they would call maintenance..... I'm still waiting.
By this time I was upset and tired.
Ordered breakfast in my room, it arrived on time but was stone cold. Went for shower again but of course still broken! I gave up.
At checked I refused to pay Internet cost of £15 because I hadn't used it, but was told I still had to pay! I mentioned the shower again and didn't even get an apology.
My husband has been a priority club member for 7 years, but we will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read your stay was not to the standard you would expect from our hotel. I would like to have the chance to restore your faith in our hotel and would ask you to email me on gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay. I hope to hear from you soon.

Moose Jaw, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

stayed there 10 nights .room was small.no fridge.they only changed our sheets once after we complained twice.house keeping was crap.floors were dirty .they wanted £15 Stirling a day for wi-fi.
the pool was ok but not good for kids too many old people (members of the spa) moaning about getting their hair wet and splashed..hot tub was for some reason 16 and over.plus a women was holding swimming lessons.so we didn't feel welcome at all .the staff at reception were great as well as the waiters/bar staff...we won't be staying again ...the bill was wrong( £40) too ..the cost of staying 10 days was £700..not worth it

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us and left feeling dissatisfied. I’m pleased you found our team members to be of a high standard and I will be mentioning your concerns to our housekeeping team. I would urge you to contact me if you wish to discuss your review further on gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay. Once again, I am sorry your stay was not to the standard we strive to achieve for our guests.

Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having stayed at other Holiday Inns in the country to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I booked the room to stay the night before going on holiday and was disgusted with the cleanliness of the bathroom. The amount of hair in the bath plug hole was disgraceful. I can understand that one or two could be missed but not the amount that was pulled from the hole. The pipes in the bedroom and the headboard of the bed were covered in dust. I must admit that once I reported it a member of staff came within 10 minutes to clean the room and the duty manager offered to change the room. I don't agree with previous comments about noise or bad customer service but I doubt very much whether I will be using the place again. All I will say is make your own minds up from the remarks on here. I guess all hotels have off days and maybe I was unfortunate to have gone there on their off day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YorkshireTeddybear03
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am very sorry to read that you found your room to be less than perfect and I am extremely sorry you experienced that. I will be investigating this with our housekeeping team as soon as possible to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I hope you change your mind and give our hotel another chance in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

"We used this venue for our wedding Receiption. Not only did we get an exstremly good price and package but we also got 5 star treatment. The wedding planning staff are just amazing there wasn't anything to small or big they wouldn't do for us. I felt as I should of like a princess. Our food was fabulose through out our hole day even tho we was running 1 hour behind! The hotel dj did an amazing job to! There is just so much I could say about our day but the biggest thank you to them to. Our room was lovley very clean and tidy! All in all they are on par with a 5 * service in your posh hotels! I was attended to the hole day as my husband children and guests! 3 week later my friend got married at a large state Mannor hotel cost a fortune and it was nothing to ours no help cold food and she did all her self! We was very lucky to have such wounderful staff and hotel! From setting our room up to changing it over mid way for night time changing our night buffet food to what we wanted I even got slippers from them to sit down and eat my meal so my feet didn't get saw which was such a lovely gesture I loved it, they are a fab lot and we still go for lunch and to see them all if your planning a WEDDIND this is a MUST to check you will not be let down. Are wedding was 3rd August 2012! Which is the date we stayed! X

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that your time with us was wonderful and your wedding reception was perfect. I will be sure to share your review with our team so they can see what a huge impact they had on your big day. I hope to welcome you back very soon – and a belated congratulations to you and your new husband.

John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!