“disapointed and expensive”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Moose Jaw, Canada
“disapointed and expensive”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

stayed there 10 nights .room was small.no fridge.they only changed our sheets once after we complained twice.house keeping was crap.floors were dirty .they wanted £15 Stirling a day for wi-fi.
the pool was ok but not good for kids too many old people (members of the spa) moaning about getting their hair wet and splashed..hot tub was for some reason 16 and over.plus a women was holding swimming lessons.so we didn't feel welcome at all .the staff at reception were great as well as the waiters/bar staff...we won't be staying again ...the bill was wrong( £40) too ..the cost of staying 10 days was £700..not worth it

• Stayed August 2013
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us and left feeling dissatisfied. I’m pleased you found our team members to be of a high standard and I will be mentioning your concerns to our housekeeping team. I would urge you to contact me if you wish to discuss your review further on gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay. Once again, I am sorry your stay was not to the standard we strive to achieve for our guests.

John Rothwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having stayed at other Holiday Inns in the country to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I booked the room to stay the night before going on holiday and was disgusted with the cleanliness of the bathroom. The amount of hair in the bath plug hole was disgraceful. I can understand that one or two could be missed but not the amount that was pulled from the hole. The pipes in the bedroom and the headboard of the bed were covered in dust. I must admit that once I reported it a member of staff came within 10 minutes to clean the room and the duty manager offered to change the room. I don't agree with previous comments about noise or bad customer service but I doubt very much whether I will be using the place again. All I will say is make your own minds up from the remarks on here. I guess all hotels have off days and maybe I was unfortunate to have gone there on their off day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YorkshireTeddybear03
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am very sorry to read that you found your room to be less than perfect and I am extremely sorry you experienced that. I will be investigating this with our housekeeping team as soon as possible to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I hope you change your mind and give our hotel another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

"We used this venue for our wedding Receiption. Not only did we get an exstremly good price and package but we also got 5 star treatment. The wedding planning staff are just amazing there wasn't anything to small or big they wouldn't do for us. I felt as I should of like a princess. Our food was fabulose through out our hole day even tho we was running 1 hour behind! The hotel dj did an amazing job to! There is just so much I could say about our day but the biggest thank you to them to. Our room was lovley very clean and tidy! All in all they are on par with a 5 * service in your posh hotels! I was attended to the hole day as my husband children and guests! 3 week later my friend got married at a large state Mannor hotel cost a fortune and it was nothing to ours no help cold food and she did all her self! We was very lucky to have such wounderful staff and hotel! From setting our room up to changing it over mid way for night time changing our night buffet food to what we wanted I even got slippers from them to sit down and eat my meal so my feet didn't get saw which was such a lovely gesture I loved it, they are a fab lot and we still go for lunch and to see them all if your planning a WEDDIND this is a MUST to check you will not be let down. Are wedding was 3rd August 2012! Which is the date we stayed! X

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that your time with us was wonderful and your wedding reception was perfect. I will be sure to share your review with our team so they can see what a huge impact they had on your big day. I hope to welcome you back very soon – and a belated congratulations to you and your new husband.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We used this hotel for park and stay. The reception staff were lovely very welcoming and helpful.
Our room was small but clean and had all we needed.The bathroom more spacious and very clean.
The pool and spa area were lovely we used the facility's in the afternoon it was fairly quiet also.
We found the bar staff quite rude! The food was nice and the environment was relaxing.
There is a problem within the hotel no mobile phone service at all!! so rather annoying you have to keep going outside to check phone!
The shuttle service was efficient both ways.
A nice hotel which we would use again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sally c

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I am sorry you found some of our team less than friendly and I will be sure to investigate this as we don’t often receive this comment. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have just returned from a business trip abroad and stayed in the Holiday Inn before I travelled out. The staff of the hotel where very friendly and check in was very swift. My room came with all of the standard amenities that you would expect from a Holiday Inn. There was a spacious bathroom which came with complementary toiletries and plenty of towels. The room itself which was quite small had a queen sized bed which came with the choose your pillows selection (soft or firm). There was a TV which was reasonably sized with freeview channels on it. There was tea/coffee facilities in the room. The hotel was very nice overall and I would stay here again. The only let down was it's distance from the airport. It was quite far out, however there was a transfer service to make up for the distance.

Thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: I had a room which overlooked the car park and there wasn't much noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a two night stay, being part of a two-day meeting with colleges, with me travelling from Denmark to be the meeting leader throughout.
On the second night a large family group checked-in very late, being placed by the hotel staff just around my room on the second floor. For an hour up until midnight, the whole place was almost on fire. When it finally settled and became quiet, it was like a split second before all hell broke loose again at 2.50 am in the middle of the night. For almost an hour it was like this being at the runway of the Airport nearby. So noisy and you would think that the walls were made of paper!
I phoned the reception at 3.15 am to let them know very clearly about this. It was a 5 minute call. I was told that I would ofcourse be compensated the next day, as I aksed for the manager to deal with this straight away.
Nothing happened on the night. The noise went on until 3.40. Nobody did anything from the hotel reception.
Next day when I checked out during a break in our meeting, I was billed the full amount. No deduction. No nothing. Not even a mention of this horrible night. I told the reception desk that this is about the worst ever stay I have had, travelling 50 days per year. They were sorry, but no action what so ever was taken.
This has to go down as totally unacceptable. I decided not to do more, simply because I did not have time to do more due to the meeting I was the organizer of. I managed to make the day. The sales people attenting were satisfied. I left for the airport and fell asleep on my way to the airport.
By the way; food was fine, both breakfast and dinner in the evening.

Room Tip: Best of luck! Walls between rooms are made of paper.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am extremely sorry to read that your time with us was disappointing due to guests near you. I would like you to get in contact with me so I can discuss this further with us. Please email your name, room number and date of stay to gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com. I am pleased that the rest of your time with us including your meals was pleasant.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

3rd visit to hotel and didn't disappoint. Competently checked in by Ryan a friendly young male, who explained everything and had a coffee prior to going to room. Room clean and tidy, if i'm being picky carpets maybe could do with renewing, but no problem, and lovely white new fluffy towels, perfect.

As we booked with holiday extras, we had a deal that included 2 weeks on site parking, never worried about whether the car will be ok as so secure, hotel night before our flight and a meal. and airport transfer, think it cost about £120 so we were happy. Service at bar this time was a bit slow and had to go looking for staff, but food was very nice, had starter, main course and sweet. Must say that a stay here has become an extension to our holiday and we look forward to the food on offer.

transfer to airport excellent and on time, return transfer not as good as its not instant pick up and we had to wait maybe 20 mins this time, buy hey not too bad.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am overjoyed to read that you continue to enjoyed your stays with us and found everything to your liking each time. I hope to welcome you back soon for another relaxing break.

John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#67 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!