“Could be so much better”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The leisure facilities at the hotel are very good and it was nice to start my holiday on a good footing. The rooms however were very poor. We were again placed on ground floor (feels more like a basement) with no mobile phone signal or 3G. The decor was poor and walls paper thin. As a platinum member, I was hoping a potential upgrade or free wifi may have been offered but unfortunately not. Overall, this is one of the poorer hotels I have stayed in and would not rush back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with our hotel.

I’m sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay and found our hotel to be somewhat lacking in certain areas. Your comments have been noted and I am pleased to inform you that our hotel will be refurbished within the next few years.

John Rothwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Rooms are ok but the property has definitely seen better days... but it's really not just the age of the property. Externally, it's in poor upkeep with garbage littered around the parking lot and paint peeling from the sides of the building. On the interior it feels a little better, but not much. There's a funky layout without an elevator. The lack of an elevator was not an issue for me however the elderly couple following me had some issues. I sampled the bar's grill and found it to be pretty good and well... I figure you get the point by now.

Room Tip: Looks like they are all the same.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed our grill and you found our rooms to be adequate. Your comments on the building have been taken for further consideration, however I would like to inform you that our hotel will be going through a thorough update in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

we fly out of manchester approximately 4 times a year and always choose this hotel due to the fantastic value for money ,considering you get "safe" car parking and transfers included. Although it is not acctually "on airport" we love to be able to spend time in the lovely Wilmslow, it is full of independant shops and quirky restaurants. The colleagues at the Holiday Inn are friendly and efficient . The rooms are clean,warm and perfectly fine for an airport stop over. The bar meals are quite tasty and seved with a smile. Cant comment on breakfast as we prefer to eat at airport. Re airport transfers outbound works like a dream but inbound make sure you follow the instructions to the letter or you will end up at the wrong pick up point and also rather than use the "free"phone take your mobile and call from that. Hope that helps and "enjoy"

Room Tip: lifts not available to all floors
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I’m very pleased to read such a wonderful review of our hotel, park and fly packages and our transfer service. I’m extremely proud that our hotel has maintained high standards and, as a returning customer, you continue to enjoy frequent stays with us. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night as we were flying from Manchester Airport. We got a really good rate for a room with up to 15 days parking. Hotel clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Food reasonably priced and very tasty. Breakfast a bit basic but set us up in readiness for our long flight. Transfer to and from the airport excellent. would definately recommend this and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything including our transfer service and Park and Fly package to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked this last minute due to the poor weather and wanted to stay near the airport. I didn't eat here but I dod go to the bar which was quite pleasant.

The rooms were quite nice, better than I'd expected really. Hotel staff were really friendly and nice. The transfer was prompt and got us to the airport pretty quickly.

Having been away and returned, the taxi back to the hotel again was very quick after we called them, brought us straight back (10 mins away). Picking my car up was easy enough, the staff again were really freindly.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for an airport overnighter, I'll probably stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would definitely recommend us and stay again. I’m glad everything we offered was to your liking and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here as needed to fly out of Manchester airport on a business trip. The hotel is great and the staff are friendly, they are very well orgainised in receiving people late and checking out early. I was able to check out at 5:00 in the morning! They even arranged a taxi to pick me and take me to the airport.
The problem came getting back! I called the number and was told the taxi was on its way in five minutes, he turned up half an hour later! I left my car at the hotel as i thought it was more convenient. I will stay here again but next time leave my car at the airport!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that our team members impressed you and helped you manage with an extremely early start. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is situated approximately 4 miles from the terminals with black cabs wanting to charge extortionate rates to get you there - call the hotel and make arrangements for their partnered taxi firm; return trip is £8. Reception area is good and the staff are brilliant. The room was very small but functional. I had to request a heater in the room as it was too cold but brought very quickly by the efficient staff. Hotel caters well for the traveller in this respect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you found our team members to be extremely efficient and think we are a good hotel for travellers. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!