“Not recommended”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is situated approximately 4 miles from the terminals with black cabs wanting to charge extortionate rates to get you there - call the hotel and make arrangements for their partnered taxi firm; return trip is £8. Reception area is good and the staff are brilliant. The room was very small but functional. I had to request a heater in the room as it was too cold but brought very quickly by the efficient staff. Hotel caters well for the traveller in this respect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you found our team members to be extremely efficient and think we are a good hotel for travellers. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

John Rothwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on 2nd Feb and really enjoyed it.The reception staff were excellent and very helpfull. The only problem was the address.It said Manchester Airport when in fact it was about two miles outside the airport on the Wilmslow road but still within reasonable distance for anyone wishing to catch a flight.
Our room was perfect in every way with tea and coffe facilities,decent television and excellent views of the cheshire countryside.The restaurant menu was very good with plenty of choice and reasonably priced.
The pool and gym were well supervised with very helpfull staff and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Would we stay there again,
Of course.

Room Tip: If possible, get an executive room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that everything was to your liking and you found our hotel to be comfortable. I’m glad you were pleased with your room and found our menu and facilities to be great. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I usually stay at the Crown Plaza but the price directed I stayed here instead. It didn't start well when a cowboy taxi driver at Manchester Airport Railway Station tried to cite £20 as the price to get to get form the airport to the hotel. Don't trust this bunch. Another ran after me and offered to do the same trip for £10. I contacted the shuttle bs company. They were efficient but it was a right carry on getting t and for. The receptionist said that she had reserved my return shuttle at 7am to go to the airport where a group of 40 people were waiting for me. You've guessed it!! No shuttle.
Never, ever again would I stay here again....it's a country retreat!

1  Thank robmarshall33

Dear guest,

I’m sorry to read that you were disappointed by our shuttle service and found it to be more of a hassle than a convenience. We are often praised for our shuttle service and I hope that you realise that this was a situation that will not happen again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent one night in this hotel while in transit to Kendal. The desk workers were friendly, as was the rest of the staff I interacted with. My room was great, the perfect size for a single traveler and most likely a couple. It was small, but comfortable.

The food at the bar was top notch, I would definitely recommend grabbing some food from the hotel if you need a meal. It beats the hassle of trying to find another eatery.

On exploration of the hotel, the lower floor hallway smelled rather musty. If you have an sensitivity to this, I would recommend requesting a room on a floor above reception.

The WiFi was rather expensive, so don't come to this Holiday Inn expecting free wireless access. You'll pay dearly for it.

Otherwise, it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first floor or above. Those below the reception floor smelled musty.

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be to your liking. Your comments about our WiFi have been taken on board and will be discussed further. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

exceedingly good value for overnight stay and 2 weeks parking whilst on holiday in the US. Shuttle to the airport came on time, even in the snow. Had a small supper in the bar,( panini and chips, didn't break the bank, and bar staff friendly. Rooms are very small, not enough room for us and our luggage, we did ask at reception for a larger room this time as we have stayed here on a many occasions when we have a long flight the next morning, in fairness we were offered a larger room, but without the lift, which was not good for us with all the luggage for a 2 week holiday. For one night and parking for 2 weeks, it's really unbeatable value, but We wouldn't want to stay in a small room for more than 1 night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your night with us and we were able to accommodate your need for a larger room. I’m very happy that you found us to be excellent value for money for a night’s stay and two weeks parking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice recently. The first time was when my flight was cancelled due to snow and I booked in at the last minute. The service then was a bit shambolic and the room quite tired. However when I stayed there this week as I need a budget hotel near the airport I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was very efficient and as I am a priority club member I received a token for a glass of wine from the bar- due to a February lucky dip. Also I had a large room with all the usual mod cons. The bed and pillows felt brand new and were really really comfy. The only down side was the shower which was a hand held one over the bath!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night with airport parking for two weeks on the 11th January ....we found the whole experience very relaxing ...staff very helpful .room good very clean ...the bar was large and we had a very good meal there ...transfers to and from the airport were on time and quick ... The hotel was easy to find directions given very clear ..Made the start to our holiday very relaxing and good..

Room Tip: Close to the airport but very relaxing and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you found everything to your liking and your holiday started off relaxed after a night with us. I hope to welcome you back soon.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!