“Overnight stay”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night with airport parking for two weeks on the 11th January ....we found the whole experience very relaxing ...staff very helpful .room good very clean ...the bar was large and we had a very good meal there ...transfers to and from the airport were on time and quick ... The hotel was easy to find directions given very clear ..Made the start to our holiday very relaxing and good..

Room Tip: Close to the airport but very relaxing and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you found everything to your liking and your holiday started off relaxed after a night with us. I hope to welcome you back soon.

John Rothwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was booked as a single overnight stay with airport parking for the 15th January. As soon as we walked into reception the atmosphere of the hotel was quiet and relaxed much to our joy as we have stayed in some of the nearby hotels and found them to be very hectic. For us this was the perfect start to our holiday. The reception staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.
The room itself was spotlessly clean with all of the amenaties you would expect. I can honestly say that both myself and my husband had the best nights sleep that we have ever had at any of the nearby hotels.
I would definately recommend this hotel.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking. I’m glad you both got an excellent nights’ sleep and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here while we enjoyed a nice date night out in wilmslow . Lovely rooms , nice staff & would definitely stay again .had the best nights sleep here , only down sound for me was no hot choc or biscuits in the room .

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your night with us and found everything to be satisfactory. Your comments about the hot chocolate and biscuits has been noted for further consideration.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night break to celebrate her birthday. Having previously stayed here and used the hotels' Stay Park & Fly facility on a regular basis, we knew exactly what to expect and we certainly weren't dissapointed. From checking in friday lunchtime, to departing just before lunch on sunday, we had a great time. We were quickly and friendly checked in by the very efecient receptionist and in no time we were in our room. The hotel is very well situated for the airport, if you use the SP & F facilty ,the 10-15 minute transfer by taxi/minibus each way is included in the package.
Our room had a lovely big bed and was nice and clean. It was easily large enough for our needs, with a desk, chairs, nice lcd tv, tea/coffee making facilities, good heating (which was needed during our stay!) and a pleasant bathroom with some toiletries provided.
Free wifi would be a welcome addition to the facilities, but as I can tether my phone to my laptop, it's not a big deal for us.
The Restaurant is a very pleasant place to dine, if a little cold if you have a table near the windows. The service was quite quick considering how busy it was on the friday evening due to the hotel having extra overnight guests from 2 delayed flights. Allthough not cheap, the meal was pretty good value and for anyone with a large appetite, the mixed grill is highly recommended! If you are staying more than 1 night and fancy a change, the Honey Bee Vintage Inns Pub/Restaurant is just up the road, and on our 2nd night we had another very nice meal in there.
The hotel Restaurant serves a lovely hot buffet breakfast from 6am in the morning. We really enjoyed ours on both mornings and found it a great start to the day.
The hotel makes a good base for exploring the local area, including the Trafford Centre which is about 20 minutes away. We visited it for the first time and were very impressed.
One of the main features of this hotel and another reason why we like to stay here, is its fantastic leisure facilities. For a hotel, it has a well equipped gym with treadmills,rowing machines, bikes & x-trainers, a seperate area for weights, resistance machines, etc, a squash court, and a lovely, warm swimming pool with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
We really enjoy visiting this hotel and are already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank DeanoCastleford

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that your stay was so good and how you enjoyed everything about it. I’m glad that you say you will return in the future and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed one night in a package which included car parking whilst on holiday flying from Manchester airport.
Don't mind there being no shower cap etc in room, as there's a notice in the bathroom saying that if you've forgotten stuff like that complementary razors/shower caps/etc can be had from reception. But given that one of the first things that travellers need when they get into a hotel is a visit to the bathroom, i would have expected a small bar of soap to be available there. No such luck.
Room was a bit small for comparable hotels at the airport, and at breakfast, some items were a bit slow in being replaced. Had to ask for low fat spread, as only butter available, although to be fair, the waitress did then bring several little sachets of Flora to our table. Noticed several folk at breakfast waiting to be seated as no staff on permanent duty at the 'check in here for breakfast' desk . Doubt we shall book here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your time with us.

I’m sorry to read that minor issues with your stay have resulted in you doubting you will return to our hotel. I have taken your comments for further consideration concerning your bathroom and our breakfast service for further consideration.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Parking was fine, but given that it was freezing, it would have been reassuring to have gritted the paths / disabled access.
I had arrived for a business meeting, which finished late into the evening (gone 21:00.) Wireless internet connection failed to work, so had to manage a workaround. A projector was provided, but interfered with the settings on my laptop which rendered a much smaller image on the screen, causing issues for the presentation. I arrived in the restaurant for dinner at 21:30 to be told to leave the restaurant as they were setting up for Breakfast - breakfast was not until 06:30 the following day. I could eat from the same menu on the sofas in the bar area. I decided to not put any money on my virtual 'tab' as I like to pay in cash. However, when ordering from the bar, as they were cashing up (23:00) I had to have a tab, so I had to go to Reception to put some money on my tab, then get a sticker put on my room card before going back to the bar for them to tell me that I had no money on my tab. Can't help but wonder whether the staff ran the hotel for their convenience or mine?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m sorry to read that your experience with us was not the stay you anticipated. Without knowing the date of your stay it is difficult to determine why the restaurant closed early, but regardless our team members should have offered you a table and this will be discussed with them. I am sorry you had issues with our WiFi and as we usually have no issues with connection I am confident this should not occur again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed 16/12/12 over night with long stay airport parking. Parking was excellent no hastle and secure. Staff were excellent very helpful, food good. Room clean and adequte for an overnight stay, the only bad point was that the room was too hot and there was no control as a hot water pipe ran the lenght of it! But otherwise a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear guest,

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything about your stay to be adequate and pleasant. I’m pleased to read that our staff members were excellent and helpful during your stay and your meals were great too. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!