“Did the job”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
County Durham, United Kingdom
“Did the job”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here the night before a early morning flight and had the car parking included, Overall we were very happy with our stay.
The lift was out of order and it would have been nice if we had been told we could leave our cases in a room near reception rather than carrying them up to our room, however we should have asked! The staff were lovely and the process of checking in/out was very smooth. The room was fine and clean and the shower was fab. We did use the bar for a few drinks and they were slightly more expessive then a pub but you would expect that. I think the food should be a little cheaper £12.49 for a burger! the magic £9.99 and more people would buy but they know their market better than me. The transfer to/from Airport very well organised overall I was very impressed and would be happy to return

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your post, I was please to read you enjoyed your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, Kind regards, John Rothwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel first time room was bigger and bathroom too , this time very small, the overall cleanliness was ok some cleaners dont know how to clean the overflow in a sink, I think they should tell you that the hairdryers are'nt very good , they have a cutout when they get hot , funny really as they are mean't to !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We do have larger rooms available at the hotel or you could upgrade to an Executive room for an additional £20. Unfortunately yes many hotels supply hairdryers which have a safety cut off for obvious reasons.
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Arrived with a party of over 40 en route to an international congress in Wales to find the lift did not work and four rooms booked had not in fact been reserved.
Returned a week later with the same party of delegates flying home to 10 nations from Manchester Airport the following day to find the lift still was not working and another five rooms confirmed as booked had dropped off the list in this most basic of hotels.
Staff in restaurant very pleasant.

Room Tip: room tiny, glad my double was only for one
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, I was disappointed to read your comments about the reservations issue, however after speaking to the team we had actually reserved the list that had been confirmed by Mr. Flemming the tour organiser, there were additional rooms that Mr Flemming had omitted however we did manage to accommodate them. Unfortunately yes the lift was out of commission for the duration. We are currently waiting a specialist part which needs importing, however we did have additional staff on duty to assist with any luggage should anyone request.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here on the night before an early morning flight to Majorca. It enabled us to check in at the airport the night before travel and to park the car while we were on holiday. All ran very smoothly and we have booked again to do the same in September.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed one night before flying to Mexico, on arrival the receptionist was very efficient, the hotel was clean and looked nice - our room was on the 2nd floor, it was clean but very small, the bed didn't seem to be a full sized double and was almost against the wall on one side, we hardly got any sleep due to constant alarm clocks going off in other rooms and we could hear the sliding bathroom doors in other rooms! The hotel is a nice hotel but rooms are too small and the Walls are too thin!! This was our second stay at this hotel, we prob won't stay a 3rd time!

• Stayed June 2011
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for your post, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards, John Rothwell
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my partner prior to an early flight.
The receptionist who checked us in was lovely - very cheerful and thorough. She was alone and there was a small queue at the desk, but this did not phase her at all.
We decided to have dinner in the hotel and the food was excellent. Staff were busy, but remained attentive, cheerful and pleasant. The quality of the food, presentation and portion size were all top quality.
The airport shuttle was efficient and good value - less than half the price of a taxi.
The main issue was the room. It was clean, but it was exceptionally small. The standard sized double bed literally filled the entire room, and was pushed right up against one wall. There was nowhere to put luggage apart from on the narrow strip of floor at the end or side of the bed. As I was with my partner, the only way for me to get out of bed to use the loo in the night was to climb over him - not ideal! Even as a single room this would have been cramped - for two people it was awful. I had paid for the room using my Priority Club points so I did not expect the best room in the hotel, but I dont think it's unreasonable to expect a room which is actually large enough for two people and their luggage. I'm sure not all the rooms are this small as the hotel would be swamped with complaints - I think I was just given a very raw deal. I did not bother to complain as we were only staying one night.
Such a pity about the room, because otherwise the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the room when you book - some are much smaller than others!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post. We do have a variety of rooms at the property, our rooms on Riverside are our largest and generally where our families are accommodated. In this wing we have Executive rooms available for an upgrade of £20.

Glasgw
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I paid more than offered for a local alternative as I use Holiday Inn quite frequently and thought I would give it a try, suffice to say I will most likely not use this hotel again. The family room was quite small, the furniture dated and the bed settee very very uncomfortable, even for kids. Not too metion I was allocated a room on the second floor with no lift and four large holiday suitcases to contend with.

"Back of Beyond" which is how I would describe where I had to leave my car for two weeks, left me rather nervous I have to say.....

Next time I will be back with Lenny Herny and Co!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I was disappointed to read you were not happy with your recent stay, I do have 1 floor in which the case furniture isn’t modern ion its look. These rooms are scheduled to be refurnished next year. I am surprised by your comment about parking as we offer 450 spaces in which you can park, you also keep hold of your keys and the car park has 24 hour surveillance.

Kind regards, John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#69 of 116 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!