“What a bargain”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stayed for one night with our two small boys before flying out to Rome. Reception staff extremely helpful and took the time to have a few personal words with the boys. We used the pool which was an added bonus to the trip. The shuttle service was quick and efficient- we called on our return and were picked up within 10 minutes to return to the hotel. In the past we have used other airport parking and waited ages for transfers. We used the opportunity to extend our family break with a visit to Salford Quays. We have already booked Holiday Inn again for our summer holiday flights and will try the spa treatment and evening meal this time. Total bargain - we paid not great deal more than airport parking alone.

Room Tip: Booked via comparison website
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ValPS1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed May 31, 2011

This must be the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at.
Let's start with the room; When I go to bed at night I expect 2 people to be able to get in bed at the same time. No the rooms are so small that the double (not king size) is pushed up against one wall. The walls are paper thin. Because this hotel is near the airport, there are lots of late check ins, and I actually woke up thinking somebody was in the room with us, but no it was next door, and I could hear every word they said.
In the early 1980s this hotel was called Valley Lodge and from the state of the furnishings and carpets it is clear that they date from this era. Ok, I prepaid the room £48 for 1 night but I thought I was booking a Holiday Inn but this hotel does not have the same quality. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 19th May for one night using Priority Club points to pay for the stay.

We checked in with no problems and liked the layout of the hotel. We had a meal in the bar and a couple of drinks and were happy with them and the room we were in.

However when we came down for breakfast I would have to say that it was the worst breakfast I have had in any Intercontinental Hotel I have stayed in throughout Europe (be they Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental Hotels).

We were given a table and then left without being told what was available. The cooked element of the breakfast had obviously been sitting for some time and to be honest the bacon was more fat than meat. There was one member of staff in the restaurant and I asked at one point for some butter for my toast to be met with the response that no butter was available as they had run out and were waiting on a delivery but she would ask the chef and let me know. Firstly I refuse point blank to believe that a hotel of this size could run out of butter and secondly the member of staff never came back to me to let me know what the chef said (she would have had difficulty asking him as she never left the restaurant floor after speaking to me). Also the table next to us took the last croissant on display and no more were furnished after this. Overall the breakfast is inefficient, understaffed, of poor quality and would seem to be very limited (even the cold meat in the refrigerated area was dried up and beginning to curl at the edge.

Upon checkout they tried to charge me for my room despite being confirmed by the receptionist on arrival that it was a points stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Rooms tiny and scruffy ,very hot , what a let down

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlastoFan
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We simply needed somewhere to put our heads sonw near the airport before an early morning flight and this fit the bill admirably.

Reception was friendly and helpful, despite everyone insisting on telling the poor young lady on duty exactly where they were going on holiday and how hot it would be compared to the snow outside!

Room was adequate but nothing special.

Parking was in a secure car park to the side/rear of the hotel and was easy to access. Bus to/from airport ran every 20 minutes or so.

We left too early for breakfast.

Would use again if travelling from Manchester airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The price was very reasonable and included car parking and airport transfers. The rooms were OK and breakfast was offered at a discount although I was unable to use this. There was a bar and restaurant which was nice but pricey. I would definately use this hotel again when flying from Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The only good room they have is the executive room other rooms are small. Staffs are friendly.

The floor I was in did not have a lift and it was inconvenient because I had to carry heavy luggage using stairs.

Once there was a fire alarm in the night and all the guests had to exit the hotel and wait until the fire brigade came. It’s good that they have good safety standards.

Over all it’s not a luxurious holiday inn. But a decent hotel.

Room Tip: get the executive room
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Samarth C

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you are in the area again on business, please contact me directly.

Kind regards, John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!