“Nice Hotel but Avoid Breakfast at all costs”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 19th May for one night using Priority Club points to pay for the stay.

We checked in with no problems and liked the layout of the hotel. We had a meal in the bar and a couple of drinks and were happy with them and the room we were in.

However when we came down for breakfast I would have to say that it was the worst breakfast I have had in any Intercontinental Hotel I have stayed in throughout Europe (be they Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental Hotels).

We were given a table and then left without being told what was available. The cooked element of the breakfast had obviously been sitting for some time and to be honest the bacon was more fat than meat. There was one member of staff in the restaurant and I asked at one point for some butter for my toast to be met with the response that no butter was available as they had run out and were waiting on a delivery but she would ask the chef and let me know. Firstly I refuse point blank to believe that a hotel of this size could run out of butter and secondly the member of staff never came back to me to let me know what the chef said (she would have had difficulty asking him as she never left the restaurant floor after speaking to me). Also the table next to us took the last croissant on display and no more were furnished after this. Overall the breakfast is inefficient, understaffed, of poor quality and would seem to be very limited (even the cold meat in the refrigerated area was dried up and beginning to curl at the edge.

Upon checkout they tried to charge me for my room despite being confirmed by the receptionist on arrival that it was a points stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2011

Rooms tiny and scruffy ,very hot , what a let down

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlastoFan
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We simply needed somewhere to put our heads sonw near the airport before an early morning flight and this fit the bill admirably.

Reception was friendly and helpful, despite everyone insisting on telling the poor young lady on duty exactly where they were going on holiday and how hot it would be compared to the snow outside!

Room was adequate but nothing special.

Parking was in a secure car park to the side/rear of the hotel and was easy to access. Bus to/from airport ran every 20 minutes or so.

We left too early for breakfast.

Would use again if travelling from Manchester airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The price was very reasonable and included car parking and airport transfers. The rooms were OK and breakfast was offered at a discount although I was unable to use this. There was a bar and restaurant which was nice but pricey. I would definately use this hotel again when flying from Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The only good room they have is the executive room other rooms are small. Staffs are friendly.

The floor I was in did not have a lift and it was inconvenient because I had to carry heavy luggage using stairs.

Once there was a fire alarm in the night and all the guests had to exit the hotel and wait until the fire brigade came. It’s good that they have good safety standards.

Over all it’s not a luxurious holiday inn. But a decent hotel.

Room Tip: get the executive room
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Samarth C

Thank you for taking the time to comment, if you are in the area again on business, please contact me directly.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for my friends wedding. I arrived early to help set up for the wedding, the staff were so helpful! The room for the wedding breakfast looked amazing and the staff were friendly, super helpful and lovely throughtout the day. Could not fault any of the wedding food or service. If I hadn't already booked my wedding I would change venues!
Stayed in a room on the second floor, bit gutted no lift but that was only because my heels were killing me lol. Room was clean, beds made lovely and sofa bed made for my child. Loads of towels and pillows. Breakfast in the moring was great, huge choice and tasted lovely.
I would stay at the hotel again, I thought the staff were great - many thanks for making my friends wedding amazing :-)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments, I’m glad we could be of service, Congratulations to your friends,

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Our reason for taking this trip was as a quick getaway for the weekend. We wanted somewhere cheap and near to Manchester. We were originally going to stay in another hotel for £30, however thought it would be worth paying an extra £24 to have a hotel with a nice jacuzzi, sauna and swimming pool. Unfortunately we arrived to find that the pool was totally shut, with no real explanation as to why. We were both very disappointed and did not even receive an apology.

Apart from this, the room was as expected. There was a wedding on so we were kept awake between 5am and 6am as people were chatting loudly next door, but I can't blame the hotel for that, just take ear plugs! The room was clean, the location is within easy reach of the motorway, and the pool looked nice had it been open. Would stay again with a guarantee of an open pool!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, fingers crossed the pool is open!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comment, unfortunately we had to close the pool for health & safety reasons as the chlorine level had dropped below safe operating parameters, I apologise my team didn’t inform you clearly as to why.
I look forward to welcoming you back

Kind regards, John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!