My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 19th May for one night using Priority Club points to pay for the stay.
We checked in with no problems and liked the layout of the hotel. We had a meal in the bar and a couple of drinks and were happy with them and the room we were in.
However when we came down for breakfast I would have to say that it was the worst breakfast I have had in any Intercontinental Hotel I have stayed in throughout Europe (be they Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental Hotels).
We were given a table and then left without being told what was available. The cooked element of the breakfast had obviously been sitting for some time and to be honest the bacon was more fat than meat. There was one member of staff in the restaurant and I asked at one point for some butter for my toast to be met with the response that no butter was available as they had run out and were waiting on a delivery but she would ask the chef and let me know. Firstly I refuse point blank to believe that a hotel of this size could run out of butter and secondly the member of staff never came back to me to let me know what the chef said (she would have had difficulty asking him as she never left the restaurant floor after speaking to me). Also the table next to us took the last croissant on display and no more were furnished after this. Overall the breakfast is inefficient, understaffed, of poor quality and would seem to be very limited (even the cold meat in the refrigerated area was dried up and beginning to curl at the edge.
Upon checkout they tried to charge me for my room despite being confirmed by the receptionist on arrival that it was a points stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Airport Inn Manchester is ideally located less than 10 minutes from Manchester Airport, and is one of the prime hotels near Manchester Airport, just south of Manchester city centre. The hotel offers exclusive Stay & Fly Packages which include on-site Manchester Airport Parking and for a small charge, a 24 hour taxi service, transporting you to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Airport Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport Hotel Wilmslow
- Manchester Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Wilmslow
- Wilmslow Holiday Inn