“A good introduction to the delights of curry”

Eastern Revive - Wilmslow
Ranked #11 of 96 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We visited this curry house on the strength of a takeaway.
The food was good, presented well and with real napkins. I think there was some staff training so we experienced a little confusion but it did not diminish the experience.
Onion Bhajis were great, all other dishes were good.
Two colelagues had a shared starter for two -this looked like a great way to sample the menu.
One coleague had never tried Indian food before - and enjoyed it.
I asked about Gluten and was not only reassured that the dishes I had were gluten free -but it was clearly stated fgrom understanding and true!
Overall a good experience, in what was a surprisingly busy restuarant for an early tuesday.
It worked out about £20 Per person including drinks

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Having been to the curry house a few times they seemed off rheir game this time

I like my curry hot and it was medium at best

Nice amount of chicken though

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant by chance, as we were in Wilmslow looking for a place to eat and spotted this by accident. I definitely agree with all the other excellent reviews - the food is outstanding and the service excellent. Indians tend to be rather "samey" these days, and while the menu looked relatively standard, the quality, freshness and tast of what was served was a real cut above the vast majority of other Indian restaurants. The service was also very good and the restaurant itself looks very good. Totally recommended.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been here a number of times. The food is always excellent...plenty of it. The staff are always very attentive. Would recommend the Eastern Revive Special Jalfrezi if you like it hot. The Jumbo Garlic Prawns are massive. Very often the toilets in Indian restaurant let down the experience but I was really pleased to see that these had been refurbished in the last few months.

Reasonably priced and of my favourite Indian restaurants in the locality

1  Thank goostreygal
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I don't know Wilmslow at all and was surprised, when I asked at my hotel, to be told that the best restaurant for miles around was a local Indian. I was won over very quickly by an excellent, and terrific value, wine list and when the food arrived, I understood the strong recommendation. Everything was obviously fresh and the quality of ingredients impeccable. If anything, the portions were a little too generous, but the food was excellent and the service charming.