“Can't wait to go back but please get the service up to speed!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #18 of 88 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Miller & Carter Wilmslow offers expertly cooked premium steaks & grills in a fantastic setting. Whether it's an informal midweek treat, a business lunch, a weekend outing or a family celebration let us introduce you to the best Steakhouse, Bar & Grill in town.You'll find us just off the A34 near to Wilmslow railway station. Just 3 miles away you will find the wonderful views and walks at Alderley Edge.Our Steakhouse, Bar & Grill is famous across Cheshire, attracting people looking for bars and restaurants in Bramhall, Knutsford and Heald Green.We know that the secret of running a classic Steakhouse is to keep it simple. So at Miller & Carter Wilmslow you'll find our Food Menu is packed with expertly cooked grills, our bar has a great Drinks Menu and our friendly staff bring you the whole steakhouse experience in a luxuriously stylish but understated location.Miller & Carter Wilmslow... Experts in Steak
“Can't wait to go back but please get the service up to speed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for myself and my husband. We were greeted by a very helpful gentleman who asked if we wanted to be seated or a drink first. We had a drink at the bar a little over priced on the wine list and the cocktails but it was a treat night so I had a champagne mojito which was lovely so couldn't complain.
We had the shared platter to start with which was just perfect the waitress we had was a lovely girl who was very knowledgeable and as I had ordered fillet steak well done she recommended if I preferred the steak to be cooked a little quicker than waiting 40mins the chef could butterfly the steak for me which I've never had before with a fillet as the size of the cut is much smaller than other steaks I was a little unsure but I gave it a go. My husband had the t-bone stak medium rare we both had the wedge of lettuce with toppings of our choice which they don't hide behind anything they describe it as a wedge of lettuce but I think they could come up with something a little less lazy but it was very tasty. The seasoned chips were very nice and a perfect touch we both had peppercorn sauce and unlike other restaurants when you get a drizzle in a tiny bowl to cover your steak and your left wanting more here you get the perfect amount and its beyond tasty!
We had deserts a white chocolate box for me and chocolate brownie for my husband both were extremely nice and well presented.
The only problem we had was the change over of staff seemed to have caused some slow down on service which is a shame. We went on a Saturday evening and we could see the place was filling up we sat downstairs but as my husband asked for an espresso after the desserts we had to ask 3 times if we could get the espresso and the bill. Espresso arrived then no bill ? After waiting a further 15 minutes we finally got the waiters attention after he finished talking to his friend at a table and we were able to pay and leave.
We would go back again and we have recommended this steak house to family and friends as the food we ate is the best we have had out in a very long time and the fillet steak was the nicest fillet steak I have ever tasted.they need to update a few items a d do something with the wedge of lettuce it just comes across lazy and it needs something else also the service needs stepping up and smooth change overs rather than the sloppy non communication.

Visited April 2013

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Not as good the second time around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

First time I went in February and we were looked after really well. We were sat upstairs and it was busy, but staff still appeared quickly with our drinks and took our order, not so when I went again this month....Once again upstairs and busy, but this time the service was slow and we kept getting different staff !! My steak was ordered med-well but came too well cooked, my partner ordered rare-med and came very rare, practically walking off the plate....as the food was not up to scratch and we kept getting different staff, a tip did not appear.......happy to say the bar staff downstairs were attentive and quick....but the wine is way overpriced...

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked a table for myself and Fiancé, it was supposed to be a special meal as we had been working apart for some time.

We ordered the most expensive steak on the menu, Chateaubriand. Expecting it to be large we ordered only a small starter, the trio of breads, and a bottle of wine. It started well the women serving us was knowledgeable. However I did slightly feel like I was in a coffee shops having to choose from a list of sauces and salad toppings.

The first oddity was the serving of the wine. A different waitress brought it over on a tray, in an interesting move she simple took the contents off the tray and to free her hand for the wine she rather nosily dropped the tray to the floor. The wine and Argentinian Malbec was good so we enjoyed the drink.

The bread came and we ate it, it was tasty, and nicely balanced with the oil and wine. Then we waited, and waited and waited. Eventually after nearly 40 minutes after the starter the steak arrived. Chateaubriand is a thick piece of beef and when I have eaten it before it has always arrived sliced (At the Merlin restaurant in Alderley Edge the chef appeared and sliced it for us). There is even a sign outside showing a Chateaubriand stake beautifully sliced. To make matters worse we had asked for it medium rare however it was medium and at one end well done. I know this is a little nit picking however this is supposedly a specialist steak restaurant. I was also a little disappointed with the salad, essentially an iceberg lettuce chopped in half in a wooden bowl topped with a special topping. Seemed a cheap and lazy option.

Service continued to be slow no-one asked if we wanted more wine after the bottle was finished. We decided for an espresso rather than a dessert, this took 25 minutes to arrive luckly I had asked for the bill at the same time however after no-one had come to collect the money after we finished. By no time had really flown and we were coming up for the last train so we went and settled at the till. I decided if they couldn't even be bothered to come and collect the money that a tip would not be forthcoming.

We were seated in the upper section as the restaurant was busy. I think this might have contributed to the service being slow. However there were plenty of customers up there.

Overall the food was nice, if slightly disappointing in comparison to some other local restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank cookiesworld
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Second time, happy again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I had chateaubriand steak in February. We were happy. Tonight we went there again, we had T-bone steak. Happy again. Everything was great (food. staff, service, place). We love M&C. Will go back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not what it said on the menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Came for lunch today having been before and enjoyed it; completely different now. Food service extremely slow, and the restaurant wasn't busy at all. The salad I ordered was missing several ingredients promised on the menu, the result being a distinctly boring bowl of iceberg, tomatoes, peppers and red onion with chicken and chorizo which had been cooked but unfortunately left to go cold. When I asked for the vinaigrette the salad should have been dressed with, a pot of olive oil and balsamic vinegar appeared. Possibly my punishment for ordering a salad at a steak restaurant but if the kitchen can't be bothered serving it as stated on the menu, don't put it on there at all.