“Not as good the second time around”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #17 of 88 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Miller & Carter Wilmslow offers expertly cooked premium steaks & grills in a fantastic setting. Whether it's an informal midweek treat, a business lunch, a weekend outing or a family celebration let us introduce you to the best Steakhouse, Bar & Grill in town.You'll find us just off the A34 near to Wilmslow railway station. Just 3 miles away you will find the wonderful views and walks at Alderley Edge.Our Steakhouse, Bar & Grill is famous across Cheshire, attracting people looking for bars and restaurants in Bramhall, Knutsford and Heald Green.We know that the secret of running a classic Steakhouse is to keep it simple. So at Miller & Carter Wilmslow you'll find our Food Menu is packed with expertly cooked grills, our bar has a great Drinks Menu and our friendly staff bring you the whole steakhouse experience in a luxuriously stylish but understated location.Miller & Carter Wilmslow... Experts in Steak
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Not as good the second time around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

First time I went in February and we were looked after really well. We were sat upstairs and it was busy, but staff still appeared quickly with our drinks and took our order, not so when I went again this month....Once again upstairs and busy, but this time the service was slow and we kept getting different staff !! My steak was ordered med-well but came too well cooked, my partner ordered rare-med and came very rare, practically walking off the plate....as the food was not up to scratch and we kept getting different staff, a tip did not appear.......happy to say the bar staff downstairs were attentive and quick....but the wine is way overpriced...

“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked a table for myself and Fiancé, it was supposed to be a special meal as we had been working apart for some time.

We ordered the most expensive steak on the menu, Chateaubriand. Expecting it to be large we ordered only a small starter, the trio of breads, and a bottle of wine. It started well the women serving us was knowledgeable. However I did slightly feel like I was in a coffee shops having to choose from a list of sauces and salad toppings.

The first oddity was the serving of the wine. A different waitress brought it over on a tray, in an interesting move she simple took the contents off the tray and to free her hand for the wine she rather nosily dropped the tray to the floor. The wine and Argentinian Malbec was good so we enjoyed the drink.

The bread came and we ate it, it was tasty, and nicely balanced with the oil and wine. Then we waited, and waited and waited. Eventually after nearly 40 minutes after the starter the steak arrived. Chateaubriand is a thick piece of beef and when I have eaten it before it has always arrived sliced (At the Merlin restaurant in Alderley Edge the chef appeared and sliced it for us). There is even a sign outside showing a Chateaubriand stake beautifully sliced. To make matters worse we had asked for it medium rare however it was medium and at one end well done. I know this is a little nit picking however this is supposedly a specialist steak restaurant. I was also a little disappointed with the salad, essentially an iceberg lettuce chopped in half in a wooden bowl topped with a special topping. Seemed a cheap and lazy option.

Service continued to be slow no-one asked if we wanted more wine after the bottle was finished. We decided for an espresso rather than a dessert, this took 25 minutes to arrive luckly I had asked for the bill at the same time however after no-one had come to collect the money after we finished. By no time had really flown and we were coming up for the last train so we went and settled at the till. I decided if they couldn't even be bothered to come and collect the money that a tip would not be forthcoming.

We were seated in the upper section as the restaurant was busy. I think this might have contributed to the service being slow. However there were plenty of customers up there.

Overall the food was nice, if slightly disappointing in comparison to some other local restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank cookiesworld
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Second time, happy again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I had chateaubriand steak in February. We were happy. Tonight we went there again, we had T-bone steak. Happy again. Everything was great (food. staff, service, place). We love M&C. Will go back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not what it said on the menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Came for lunch today having been before and enjoyed it; completely different now. Food service extremely slow, and the restaurant wasn't busy at all. The salad I ordered was missing several ingredients promised on the menu, the result being a distinctly boring bowl of iceberg, tomatoes, peppers and red onion with chicken and chorizo which had been cooked but unfortunately left to go cold. When I asked for the vinaigrette the salad should have been dressed with, a pot of olive oil and balsamic vinegar appeared. Possibly my punishment for ordering a salad at a steak restaurant but if the kitchen can't be bothered serving it as stated on the menu, don't put it on there at all.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Average food slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Service is very slow, service for a group of 7 took 3,5 hours.

Service staff not very professional, somewhat chaotic. We had ask 3 times to get a bottle of water for the table. Red wine was served cold. Steaks were ok but not cooked as requested, slightly overdone. Best part of the meal was a simple side salad.