“Decent food, typical 'gastro pub' prices”
Review of Honey bee

Honey bee
Ranked #20 of 92 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Honey Bee in Wilmslow is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Manchester
“Decent food, typical 'gastro pub' prices”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went for a quick evening meal with my partner. We weren't there long - about an hour and a half in total. It's a sit down, choose your food then order at the bar type of place so pretty relaxed.

We both had the lamb pies which were very tasty. Service was quick and efficient. Waiter who brought our food was polite and efficient at bringing a decent selection of tasty sauces.

Meal and 2 soft drinks was £33 so not cheap but not ridiculous either.

Beer garden in spacious and well presented although there is a busy road which runs alongside the pub.

The menu says it serves food until 10 every day except Sundays and they have special days for different meal options - I assume there is an offer.

Desserts sounded lovely with a relatively wide selection and they did the 'coffee and a mini dessert' option which I was sorely tempted by but resisted.

Would go again.

• Visited August 2013

Hull
“Not a lot of value for money”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Order came out with things missing from what it stated on the menu and there was not a lot of it. Also need more staff as waiting a while at the bar. Would not recommend

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“This place is both good and bad”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Honey Bee is a wonderful place with good outside seating, interesting food and the beer is good. Now the BUT. We ordered a table but asked for one outside (we have a dog and they don't allow them inside) so they reserved a table inside?? Never mind, plenty of spaces outside. We order the meals and drinks and I leave my credit card and my 20% off voucher. Waiter's product knowledge on olives a bit incorrect. A bit dubious about the lack of security on the credit card at the back of the bar - but no problems. Meal OK but we did think we ordered two extra chips and only got one - but we let it pass. Later we asked the waitress clearing plates about ice creams - but she walked away in mid conversation (an interesting approach to service). My daughter complained to the manageress who took the complaint seriously. We decided against any sweets and decided to pay. No problems here - my card was retrieved. the bill paid and off we went. Looking at the receipt later, at home, I noticed the 20% voucher reduction had no been applied - so we had been overcharged.

An excellent place with sporadic poor service and a lack of real systems in place. I was surprised to note that this place is part of a chain given the lack of effective service systems. Such failures in service standards are not acceptable any more.

And I so much want this place to be good

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Night before we fly”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

As we were staying at the Holiday Inn in Altrincham the night before our flight we decided to eat at the Honey bee following good reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasant enough walk to the restaurant/pub but the road is quite a busy one.
My partner decided to have one of the options that was included in the Wednesday Pie day. This was a spicy lamb option that sounded really interesting and tasty. I opted for the salmon salad. The salmon salad was really good. However, the pie was very disappointing, it was basically a spoonful of lamb stew (small) with a separate pastry lid. It was not a cheap meal and the level of quality was not reflected in the price. We had a trio of desserts to share that were good. Lovely building, but ultimately disappointing.

• Visited June 2013
glasgow
“Pleasant environment, average food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Food was a bit disappointing. Well appointed, pleasant pub/restaurant with outdoor seating.
Visited here for lunch with my family:small portions and not freshly made. limited kids menu and it was not possible to have a ham sandwich prepared.
Service was pleasant and efficient.
Overall poor value.