“Whats the Spanish for...crap?”
Review of The King William

The King William
Ranked #5 of 7 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Whats the Spanish for...crap?”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

What can i say...the place is a dump, landlord is a jerk, staff look as though they would rather be anywhere else and the food was really really poor. You'd be better off spending a tenner at Iceland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank philbevs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really sorry to say after customer service was excellent but this hotel is without doubt the most appalling I have ever stayed at. Rooms freezing cold, shower broken and excremental stains on bedding which we had to ask to be changed. I really didn't want to write such a bad review as staff were very genuine but it is only fair for other travellers who at the end of the day have to pay a price for their stay.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

was in on Friday with my wife. fantastic place to eat. food was outstanding. service from a very nice blonde lady who couldnt do enough for us. used a Living Social voucher and have another to use... cant wait to go again. thanks once again for a great afternoon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
wrexham
Reviewed July 21, 2013

No matter how hungry you are, keep walking past this place. We had three different meals. I had Sunday lunch?? Aunt Bessie's roast potatoes and also her Yorkshire pudding, over cooked veg and a plastic packet of mustard relish. My son had cheese and onion pie, edible (just). My daughter however went for the Spanish Special which they make so much of advertising, it was dreadful, no seasoning at all and no spices either, nothing other than the melted cheese on top was eaten. We told the waitress of our complaint, she said she would tell the chef, however next thing she presented us with the bill, yes you guessed, nothing taken off. We paid because it is obvious they are in dire straights and in need of some money going in the till. Don't let it be yours.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

booked accommodation at 1.35 on day of travelling. Booking confirmed. Travelled 240 miles from stirling,scotland. on arrival was told by a very happy bar person "fully booked" could not understand his manner. I asked why he sounded so happy as we the customer felt very let down, tired. We asked to speak to the manager who did attend. She came across as bossy and agitated..My husband contacted the booking agent who confirmed our booking was accepted,but the manager continued to accept responsibility. Would not ever return to this establishment. Terrible customer service. Manners and good people skills is so important. Sadly lacking at The King William.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go for dinner a couple of days ago, having not visited for over a year.

We only live a couple of miles away but the choice of restaurants in Wilmslow is fantastic & they need to work hard to retain business.

Arrived at approx. 7.30pm on Friday & the place was quite empty - 5 or 6 in the bar area & that was it.

Ordered 7 tapas dishes between 2 of us which was a mistake....far too much food....could have easily got away with 5 dishes! Service was quick & the food was delicious, well prepared & very tasty.

The menu is extensive with approx. 30-35 tapas dishes & other main meals - there really something for everyone!

Give this place a try next time you fancy tapas, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2013
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I don't know if the pub had recently changed hands but reading the other reviews I almost thought it was a different venue. I was greeted by a surly barmaid, whose first words were practically pay for your room now, then I was shown to my room off an unlit corridor and then shown the way out, all in a really cursory manner. I really felt as if I was putting them out by daring to stay. The room was grubby, there was wifi but no code available and no way of contacting anyone to ask, other than going back down to the (empty) bar. No mention of food and certainly no offer of breakfast, I was told to leave my key on the bed on the way out. Very basic tea/coffee making facilities but no milk. I went to use the ensuite bathroom and could see a sliverfish running around the shower tray. The single bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have slept on in my entire life, hard and lumpy, obviously the cheapest possible mattress with a plasticy mattress protector, so very uncomfortable night's sleep. The shower in the morning was filthy, hairs on the walls and in the tray, although the insect companion form the night before had gone. In the cold light of day it became apparent just how dirty the bedroom itself was, the floor had been hoovered but around the furniture so that there was dust on the carpet in big rings around all the furniture. Reading the reviews and star rating I had really been looking forward to staying here, but I would heartily warn anyone else considering it to give it a wide berth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
The Wilmslow Lodge
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel

Been to The King William? Share your experiences!