“Superb B&B”

Croft Corner Guest House
Ranked #2 of 7 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This B&B has the comfort and relaxed feel of home from home, but the luxury and facilities of a high class hotel. Fluffy white towels, crisp cotton bed linen, quality toiletries, mini bar, TV, choice of teas and coffee, snacks, free wifi, fresh flowers in the room and much more. Throughout this residence is spotlessly clean.
All this followed by a wonderful breakfast, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cereals, and a freshly cooked English breakfast in any combination, tea and coffee freshly brewed and topped up.
The location is in close proximity to Alderley Edge and Wilmslow with all their cafes, restaurants and shops to choose from. Close to Manchester Airport and M6.
A warm welcome awaits on arrival and a genuine offer of 'just ask if you need anything'.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed the night with my mom. Room had all home comforts that were needed. Lovely body shop wash products in the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious, with a good selection.
Location is ideal, also bed was very comfortable.
Was nice to chat with the owners of the b&b over breakfast.
Will Definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Hmr325
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Been staying here for nearly a month now as working in Manchester and only 16mins on the train from there.

This B&B is superb. Liz and Mike cannot do enough for their guests.

The rooms are large, comfortable and more importantly quiet.

There is a small fridge in each room full of goodies that you can buy - the proceeds of which go to charity.

Great place to stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had the sheer pleasure of staying at Croft Corner Guest House at the end of an overwhelmingly exciting journey throughout the East Midlands last winter, and I firmly believe that I could not conclude my british adventure in a blither way: this property is an absolute gem indeed!

I came across this lodging after I made many attempt to research a suitable accommodation in the proximity of Manchester airport, since I would have had a flight back home in the early afternoon and I deemed it impossible to travel from Lincoln to Manchester by train on the same day to catch the flight itself: my choice revealed itself to be successful, thanks to professionalism and the kindness bestowed by Mike and Liz, among the most affable hosts I have ever had the delight to meet. My sojourn was, much to my regret, very brief, lasting just one night, but notwithstanding it I could appreciate (and I am still treasuring) the excellence in the service provided and the lovely conversations we had in the limited time frames we had at disposal (ranging from rugby to football, from the tourism business to music, and many more): thanks to their warm cordiality I could breathe a sigh of relief after a terrible experience I lived in the lodging I chose in Lincoln and I could finally feel like I was really at an outright "home away from home". I could never forget the kindness they donated in allowing me to use their computer for checking-in on-line for my flight and for printing my boarding passes, a courteousness that literally save my day, as well as their kindest offer of giving me a lift to the airport on the day of my departure.

The room they assigned to me was beautifully appointed and elegantly furnished, so spacious that included a comfortable couch in addition to a delightfully soft king-size bed, providing me with a blissful and restoring night sleep. The minibar included, to my pleasant surprise, some bottle of the most refined italian wine and the minibar featured plentiful deliciousness as far as the diverse kind of tasty tea/coffee bags and biscuits is concerned. The bathroom was truly luxurious, featuring a comfortable and easily usable shower as well as high-class toiletries. I still recall the concern Liz had when I was comparing the disgraceful room I was assigned at the previous B&B in Lincoln with the one she kindly gave me: indeed, I could not ask for a better accommodation, the room was purely and simply phenomenal!

The breakfast I was provided with in the morning was outstanding and it took place in a wide and welcoming lounge on the ground floor: the full english breakfast cooked by Mike featured scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes, all these ingredients being mouthwatering and prepared with prowess. Beside this a manifold selection of cereals, as well as jam, marmalades, sauces to top off the cooked breakfast itself, different kinds of tasty juices were available and represented a fantastic source of energy to begin the day in the most perfect way. While enjoying my food I could delight myself by listening to BBC3 radio broadcasting lovely classical music (by the way, there's an upright piano with some interesting scores, among which I gladly discovered Bach's piano works..!) and by reading the newspaper Mike kindly made available to me.

Last but not least, the location: the property is ideally situated in the proximity of Manchester airport, easily reachable by car (approximately 15 minutes ride) and by public transportation (there are frequent services from Wilmslow railway station to the airport one, being the train ride similarly 15 minutes long). Anyway this is an ideal basis not only for people staying overnight before or after catching a flight, but also for the discovery of Manchester itself (train rides are available daily to Piccadilly station, 25 minutes ride) and the surrounding area: if I ever planned a trip to Cheshire in the future, I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We spent a lovely weekend in the northwest, staying at Croft Corner B&B. A delightful place - clean, comfortable, with Liz and Mike playing hosts amiably and warmly. The whole place was furnished and kept with genuine consideration for guests. I was particularly impressed by the strong grab-rail fixed by the bath - we didn`t need it, but it was great to see it there for people who did.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed at Croft Corner a number of times and each time the stay is comfortable, easy, very friendly (Liz and Mike are really lovely and welcoming) and value for money. I can't recommend this guest house enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have stayed at this Guest house on several occasions and each time have an excellent stay. Great service, and hosts and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend Croft Corner to anyone wanting a relaxing stay in the Wilmslow area.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!