“Fantastic value and Service”

Croft Corner Guest House
Ranked #1 of 7 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. In essence, they simply cannot do enough for you. Liz and Mike are great hosts and take great pride in providing a spotlessly clean and efficient service.

My room was quiet and peaceful, with a range of bath and shower shampoos and soaps. I wanted to take the bed home with me it was so comfy with crisp cotton sheets, I could feel as good night’s sleep coming on as I jumped into it!

The location is perfect for Manchester Airport and this was my reason for staying at Croft Corner.

Next time I will have to leave enough time to explore the town centre with its restaurants. I look forward to being a frequent visitor at Croft Corner. Keep it the great service Liz and Mike!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Croft Corner Guest House is well located between Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. The owners, Liz and Mike, are very friendly, attentive and helpful. Our room was comfortable and extremely well equipped, the breakfast was excellent. We would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. We'll be back!

Room Tip: A choice of two nice double rooms and one single.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed at this delightful guest house on a business trip and would highly recommend it. The welcome I received was second to none, my room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast even better! I also enjoyed the big garden too. What a lovely family.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have stayed with Liz and Mike at Croft Corner on many occasions now and would never consider staying anywhere else. As a lady travelling to Wilmslow on business, it is important to me that I stay somewhere that I feel safe and secure. There is always a warm welcome waiting and nothing is too much trouble.

I always stay in the same room and it has become a real home from home. I really look forward to staying with Liz and Mike, even though my trips are purely for business.

The bed has gorgeous white cotton sheets and a duvet that you can snuggle under to your hearts content. A sofa to relax on after a hard day at the office, television, internet and free flowing tea, coffee, spirits and snacks - what more could you need.

The ensuite is complete with sumptious white towels, bath products and toiletries!

Breakfast is delicious! Liz or Mike will cook anything you wish, if you can manage it after muesli, cereal, fresh fruit, homemade yogurt and an abundance of juice, tea or coffee (oh and toast)!

I don't think I need to say any more, I can't wait for my next visit (which happens to be tomorrow - yay)!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I was a regular visitor staying 2 nights a week on numerous occasions. Wanting somewhere near to Alderley Edge/Wilmslow for work or the airport that felt more homely than the hotels I had been staying in. Nice room, spotlessly clean throughout, charity-minibar (fair prices), breakfast was superb, better than most of the local hotels I have stayed in. What I personally did like was the pleasant 10 minute walk to the Wilmslow high street, which has lots of choice for restaurants etc on it or on the way to it (there is a map in the room highlighting types and locations). I have recommended this to several people and wouldnt hesitate to do so again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Situated too far from Town Centre for walking, required a taxi each day which proved expensive. Bedroom extremely cold, even in July. Returned one day to find radiator had been removed from wall and decorating had been carried out in my room whilst I was out on three days. As a paying resident I I certainly did not expect decorating to be done in the room I had booked. As an asthmatic I found the paint used affected my condition and was glad to leave. Perhaps an overnight stay is fine but I would not recommend a whole week! Going back to Wilmslow again this year, at least 3 times and I would not stay at this Guest House. On the plus side the Breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
lizbo2, Owner at Croft Corner Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Here at Croft Corner the comfort of our guests is our sole priority. We always suggest to our guests on arrival that if they require anything which is not apparent, they should mention is to us. We are happy to supply different weight duvets, alternative pillows etc. However, we do rely upon guests informing us of their preferences.

We would not enter a guest's room to carry out maintenance work without permission. In this case, this was freely given. The work involved replacing a radiator during the Summer period when the central heating is usually turned off. This required making good the paintwork around the radiator.

The location of our Guest House is quite clear on the map link. If our guests ask how far the town centre is, we explain the likely walking duration.

We pride ourselves on the warm relationship we have with all our guests. This occasion was no different. From our point of view, at the time it was a successful happy stay over a period of six days. We are deeply saddened that our guest, eight months later, has remembered it differently.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

Great place, very friendly owners and immaculately kept. Very comfortable beds. Fantastic breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
1 mi away
#3 of 5 in Wilmslow
The King William
The King William
#5 of 7 in Wilmslow

Been to Croft Corner Guest House? Share your experiences!