“Armeno si mangia! ”

Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Armenian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant opening timesMonday 5.30 till 1030 pmTuesday -Saturday 12. pm till 2.30 pm 5.30pm till 10.30 pmSundays open for parties
Mestre, Italy
“Armeno si mangia! ”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm Italian, i had a stunning dinner in this restaurant not only for the delicious food but also for the friendly and enthusiastic staff! I love this place, i will come back for sure!

Wilmslow, UK
“Attention to detail...”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The owner and Maitre D knows what he's doing. Ask him to order for you, seriously, you wont regret it. Good service, good food, good atmosphere. Can't fault the place.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best food have had for a long time”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Loved this restaurant. Great service, good atmosphere & the food was the best I've had in a long time. Can't recommend it enough - if you are in the area, you have to try it!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We ate here for the first time in a couple of years and we were very pleased with both the food and the atmosphere. We ate from the early dining menu (which finished at 8.30 so not so early|!!) and the choice was sufficient and quality was excellent - the service was good and all staff very pleasant - we will definitely return

UK
“Overpriced and overrated.”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had lunch here recently and had been looking forward to sampling the food at Heddy’s for some time following the multiple good reviews. The portion sizes were very good, but eating Middle Eastern food regularly both locally in Manchester, on the Edgware Road and other areas in London and elsewhere, this is to be expected of excellent Middle Eastern hospitality. I didn’t find the location anything special at all to be frank, quite a let down considering it is rated the best restaurant in Wilmslow. And I was further surprised when the surroundings weren’t reflected in the prices when I was given a menu. OK, we’re in Wilmslow but that doesn’t mean we can expect to pay 15-20% more for our food does it? Or does it? Outside, people sat on the narrow pavement (‘terrace’) next to a busy main road looking cool in oversized shades, sipping champagne from buckets and breathing in diesel fumes by the lungful.

Back to the food, I had the mixed mezze to start, out of the whole plate of starters, the spinach was quite delicious, everything else just ok, but the salad was a little dry and bitter, and the vine leaves also bitter and far too fibrous. I can and do buy better in the city centre on a regular basis. For mains I had the grilled halloumi, this was probably the best grilled halloumi I’ve had anywhere, not too salty and grilled to perfection. Though to be honest this was simply a grilled skewer with mixed veg (peppers/onions), taken off the skewer and laid onto a bed of quite average couscous.

The staff were all very good, and I had the good fortune to meet the owner’s daughter, who is certainly skilled at treating customers with exactly the right amounts of genuine warmth and hospitality. She made me a complimentary glass of fresh doogh when I couldn't find it, or ayran, on the menu (itself an oddity in a Middle Eastern restaurant). In summary I found the food was generally OK, a couple of things were very good, some not, but all were overpriced and the restaurant itself a let down and very overrated as a venue. I can certainly find a handful of places within Greater Manchester serving better Middle Eastern food, for considerably less money, and in much nicer surroundings. 3.5 stars.

7 Thank Nimitta