“Cheap hotel within reasonable commuting distance of London”
Review of Rossmore Hotel

Rossmore Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My booking was for 3 rooms for myself, sons and brother to watch a football match in London.
One of my sons was very unhappy with his room - heating did not work etc. My room was ok, as was my brother's room. Breakfast was reasonable - self service full english. The hotel is opposite a pleasant park and close to the town centre.
Annoying to have to leave a £10 deposit "in case we lose a room key".

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 177MikeS177
There are newer reviews for Rossmore Hotel

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is smelly, dirty and unlooked after! The shower was pathetic the shower door wouldn't shut and the shower itself resembled a hole in a drainpipe! Also after an uncomfortable nights sleep on a rock solid mattress i woke to find out id been bitten by something in the night! Its safe to say I skipped breakfast I didn't dare face it!! AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! STAY IN YOUR CAR OR VAN IF YOU CAN!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've stayed here as im away on business, but I wouldnt recommend this hotel. To start with the service is poor,due to my employers who booked this I wasnt aware if it had a restaurant, although it states it does but only for breakfast, so I had asked the receptionist where the places or what places are about to go out and eat, and all I got was a finger pointing directions to me go down that way (great customer service not) then I entered my room, it stunk not sure what it was. My bed had bits of people's body hairs dotted all over. Had to move the bed to find a socket to charge my phone up and noticed a mouse or rat trap which made me feel uncomfortable thinking has this place got a problem with vermin which I had questioned with the staff and was fobbed off, I checked under the bed to see if there where any droppings to notice that underneath the bed was full of dirt and rubbish as if someone had swept the crap underneath. Wires hanging lose behind bathroom mirror. Room very scrappy. Someone in the room nearby was smoking so the smell of that was strong in my room. Never again. I was tempted just to go sleep in my car to be honest

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are a small company and require affordable accomondation when we work around the country. In the 2yrs we have been in business this is the best we have come across, for the price. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty and much appreciated. We will book it again, next we are in the area. Just wanted to say well done to the owners for providing exactly what we need at a price that allows us to do our job too. Big thanks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay here. Rising damp, (no sign of Rigsby though) forced lock on door, mould in shower, small rooms, generally seedy and unclean. Didn't stay, but they did however eventually give a refund when asked. Can't bring myself to even give it a rating but review set up won't let me give it a "0".

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

only stayed for one night and absolutely hated it. nothing like the pictures on the website. it was cold, bathroom wasn't useable breakfast finishes at 9am which is ludicrous! i go away to get away from the early morning wake up!
ABSOLUTE DISASTER
hated every minute i was there.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a smelly hotel,totally run down.Luckily enough for us we literally only spent the time in the hotel sleeping .The bed side wall light was hanging off! mould on the wallpaper,wallpaper hanging off .Curtain rail broken and curtains hanging off,view outside was dreadful wish the curtains could have been kept closed ! Don't believe the photos on the sight they must be of the owners bathroom as ours certainly wasn't like that put it this way couldn't even use it,waited until we got home.Check when breakfast finishes we missed ours as it finished 9am ! It was a Sunday for goodness sake !!!! even our eleven and nine year old were desperate to leave this awful hotel :(

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family