“Excellent !”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed with my brother few days ago. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and efficient. We had a problem with our flight and the staff helped us with everything, giving us all facilities.
The room was really nice.
Clearly, if we go again to London, we will book in this hotel !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for the great feedback following your stay with us.
We were delighted to read that you have found all aspects of your stay enjoyable. I am pleased that you found the ambiance very much to your liking and this was accompanying by the excellent service provided by the team.
The hotel team and I were very pleased to read that we managed to offer you a memorable and comfortable stay.

Do not hesitate to contact us for your future stay in London, and we will guarantee the same enjoyable stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I cant agree to all the negative comments. Because i stayed at park this month with my missus because i was visiting my mum in london, The staff at the hotel where excellent, well trained lovely manners aswell. The room was really nice and i got to check in late. I used their car park which was well secure also free wifi excellent! I spoke to the manager about my special dietry needs and she kinndly fulfilled it. Her lovely name was Mirela. Overall for the price and location it was heavenly and i can not thank their team enough. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear sir,
Thank you for the excellent review following your stay in Park Hotel.
The team and I were delighted to read that you enjoyed an excellent stay experience and the hotel location and facilities accompanied by great service from the staff made this stay a most enjoyable one.
We are pleased to be your choice of hotel when returning to London and do recommend us to your friends and family.

Thank you for choosing Park Hotel and we hope to welcoming back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

After checking in going to our room, a few houses down i wasnt best impressed walk into the house all i could smell was smoke so it was obvious people have been smoking in there, the room was ok for what we needed tad un clean the pillows was non existent asked for some more pillows over an hour later we got them. The en-suite was clean so was happy with that. Flatscreen tv again good, but the breakfast for me was a total abomination freezing cold it is a buffet breakfast so you expect it to be warm not hot. But it was again freezing cold eggs well over cooked sausages yuk beans yuk hash browns yuk avoid breakfast disgusted me, but overall for the price the location for one night was just fine very polite staff aswell.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay with us.

We truly value any feedback that we get from our guests either positive or negative as we continue to strive in improving our service in the hotel. Your feedback has been shared with the team here at the hotel, and we were delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us.

Our guests usually request rooms in “Building with Personality” , as this is how is called, where the rooms have a perfect view over the Historical Valentine’s Park , however I am sorry that it had a negative impact on your stay. I have updated your personal profile in our systems to avoid occupying rooms in this area on future stays.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Very good service as we booked and asked for a cot which they provided but they didn't have a high chair. Breakfast could be improved by adding fresh fruit!! Also the wifi allows you to connect but won't let you load web pages

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for the review following your recent stay in Park Hotel and I am happy you were delighted with our service.
Thank you for your feedback, it is very valued and will assist in making improvements.
We look forward to your next stay with us and do not hesitate to contact us anytime for further reservations or requests and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I saw some pictures of this place on Hotels.com, and they actually managed to make the place look decent. DON'T BE FOOLED. There are some atrocious rooms in this hotel. I paid for four nights and stayed one - that one painful night I spent in Room #24. Room #24 had a bathroom that was so smelly that I refrained from drinking anything so I wouldn't have to pee. I could not even bring myself to shower. The bathroom smelled of old rotting wood and roaches. I think the floor was old wood, which they covered over with old linoleum. I saw no roaches in the short time I was there, but the filthiness of that bathroom was palpable. Even with the bathroom door shut, I'd sometimes get a whiff of that rotting wood smell during the night. The bathroom was also so cramped that you couldn't change in it - there wasn't enough space to lift your leg to change your pants. Room #24 was, in my opinion, a couple steps up from a homeless shelter.

I understand that the quality of rooms in this hotel can vary greatly; some of their rooms are newer and don't have these kinds of severe problems. After complaining on that first night, they moved me to another room the next morning, and that room was admittedly much better (though still cramped and cold, with a dusty carpet). But I was so scarred from the first night there that I didn't stay, and went by a relative for the rest of my time in London.

One positive was the food - I heard from my companions that the breakfast was good (I couldn't bring myself to eat in that building). But the service is another story. I have been trying to get the hotel to assist me with a refund from Expedia for the nights that I paid for but didn't stay (by providing me with a statement that says I did actually pay for nights that I didn't spend there), and I have been roundly ignored thus far. They have not even acknowledged my emails.

With that said, that first room I stayed in should not even be available. It should be condemned. They lose ALL points for putting me (or anyone) in that room. Beware this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Christopher T
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Park Hotel Ilford; I would like to apologize for not meeting with your expectations during your recent visit to our Hotel.

I do remember speaking to you on the day, but was not made aware of the issues you said you had. You requested the room to be changed as you wanted a bigger room. Also you checked out earlier, as your plans have changed, as you said. Once again, because of the hotel policy, I could not assist you with the refund as you booked through and agency and not directly with us. Had you booked with us then we will have assisted you in refunds.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Mirela Darabanu
Manager, Park Hotel Ilford

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here twice but not last for sure , safe place , CLEAN rooms ,nice bathrooms , comfy beds and all hotel is clean , Great parking, Excellent Breakfast , Helpfull staff , Extraordinary Helpfull MANAGER . All rooms are nice and clean , and any problems if any is taken care quickly .

Hotel is easy accessible and close to train stations and main street shops .

Don't expect the impossible but as a service and quality is high as it is staffed with professional and this hotel is one of the best in all LONDON.

I don't know how the negative posters end up posting negative ! Choose Park hotel and if you want a pleasant stay it is guaranteed.

Room Tip: any room , stayed in 3 rooms , double , quad , and twin , all where good
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review and thank you for being our regular guest.
This is the biggest reward for us to know that the accommodation meets your expectations every time you come .
Park Hotel and that you found our services recommendation worthy!
There was our pleasure having you as a guest in our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.
A big thank you for the staff compliments and such a lovely review.

Mirela Darabanu,
Manager Park Hotel Ilford
Tel 02085549616
parkhotel1@hotmail.co.uk

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel is located on a busy road with plenty of bus connectivity. Thehere is a large park right in front of the hotel which adds to the scenery.
The staff are helpful and the brekfast provided is reasonable.
The only drawback is that the hotel is split among 2 buildings and you have to go in through first cross the back yard and then enter the second building.
For the price though this only slight inconvence is bearable

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelAdapter

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your time and feedback.

I am pleased to know that overall your stay was satisfactory. Good to see that service and breakfast met your

expectations.

Glad you enjoyed the beautiful park as indeed right opposite our hotel is the historical Valentines Park.

I sincerely hope to see you again in Park Hotel

Kind Regards,

Mirela Darabanu,
Manager Park Hotel Ilford
Tel 02085549616
parkhotel1@hotmail.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Britannia Inn Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel
#2 of 14 in Ilford
Signature Hotel London - Ilford

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!