“worst ever”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
Telford UK
“worst ever”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was the out house.Tagged onto the building.It was very poor decoratively.Filthy carpets.The bed felt lumpy ,creaked and moved with every movement.The door into the room was an interior door which could have been kicked in with no effort.Wat can only be described as rough people were standing directly outside of the room talking loudly and smoking.On calling the manager they went back inside only to return later giving me a very disturbed night..I was on a 3 night night stay.On discussion with the receptionist regarding the quality of the room he said that as I was in a single room they were not up to standard of other rooms and the would move me to an upgraded room for the next two nights.
On returning the following night I was shown to their rooms in the main building which were an improvement but the beds were still the same and pillows rock solid.Very noisy.I said that I did not wish to stay and would be happy to pay for the night I stayed but requested my money back for the other 2 nights.They were rude and refused this.
Quite frankly I wouldn,t have put my dog in there.
I am well travelled and accepting of many things but this was just not acceptable.

Room Tip: I always review hotels on trip advisor which gives a general overview of a place an are not usually...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ADM001
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of all staff at Park Hotel please allow me to apologies for all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
From our side we can only apologize for your experience as the suggestions offered to you were not up to your satisfaction. I am happy to inform you that refurbishment works had have taken place in the hotel so I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and we will be able to change the negative impression on a more positive one.
If I can provide any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me on 02085549616.
Mirela Darabanu
Manager Park Hotel Ilford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leicester
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel was booked by a friend who didn't look up any reviews at the time of booking. Never again will I take that chance.

We checked in and the staff seemed polite enough although there were a few issues with language as nobody seemed to speak fluent English. We were quickly escorted out of the building to a house a few doors down the street. Basically, the hotel have bought the houses along the street and use them in addition to the main building. The room smelt terrible of damp and the bathroom smelt like something had died but with the hotel being fully booked there was no alternative. It looked ok until closer inspection revealed the walls and also bedsheets and pillows had patches of mould on them. Absolutely disgusting. There was a smoking area - next to the open kitchen windows too. They have little idea of housekeeping either and make the beds up with a quilt with no cover being put between two flat sheets and just turned over at the top to hide it. We were expected to sleep on paper thin pillows - just one each - or 'use a rolled up towel' they suggested as they had no spares. The house could easily be accessed by outsiders if someone had a few drinks and let someone else enter - someone hd the door open for me without asking so felt very nervous about staying there. The breakfast was just about edible, incredibly greasy but I found a few things to eat but nothing to shout about. They have tons of bread but no toast which was strange.

I would never in my life stay here again if you paid me to. I would have preferred to spend twice as much and stay in a decent place I know is safe and hygenic.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank SueEllen S
Dear TripAdvisor Readers,

We have contacted TripAdvisor and have advised them of false reviews posted by the above client. We have produces proof and evidences to TripAdvisor to remove the reviews. But sadly they have not acted on it and hence below is our reply.

Many thanks for your review. We have received a bounced cheque of your booking from our bank. And also you refused to pay for the rooms as your group said that they did not have any money (23 fully grown up men..do not have a single penny to pay for the room !)

The total bill outstanding for your group is £20,300 approx. After tricking us and deceiving us with a fraudulent cheque are complaining is just unbelievable. We are pretty sure that you will not be happy if you worked for someone and they did not pay you. We will let the readers decide of your review. If anyone wants to see a proof of a bounced cheque and the reviews being duplicated in multiple hotels please email us and we will send you all the proofs.

Kind Regards
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Ilford hotels

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Having spent 33 years on the road and staying in hundreds of hotels all over Europe, this has got to be the worst hotel on the planet. My room stunk of sewage, that's because the sewage vent comes up into the toilet/shower room. No spare pillows, or hangers. TV power cable is nailed to the wall, wardrobe is very un stable, hang clothes in it and it falls forward. On my arrival to the hotel room I was met with an overpowering smell of weed, coming from another room. when I complained to the manager, he stated, "oh that, it happens all the time, i'll sort it in the morning", and that was it. If you are unfortunate to stay here, take some gnat spray, air freshner, plug for sink,extra pillow, believe me you will need them.

The hotel offers an English breakfast, IT'S NOT, it's a Polish breakfast. This is prob because all the kitchen staff and waitresses are Polish, however they are very accomodating and friendly.

The one person you have to be careful of is the hotel owner, he is a very nasty piece of work. Woe betide you if you upset him in anyway. This is one hotel i will be recommending to friends. TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost's.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ian M
Dear TripAdvisor Readers,

Kind Regards
Manager
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a dump.shocking.crap rooms,really small and toilets stinking in most of them,no plugs in sinks,food is lousy,front room looks like film set from life on mars,staff are good but manager is abrupt,all the staff are very friendly and do what they can,no extra pillows available or coat hangers people openly smoking pot in rooms,damp,fleas in several rooms dirty horrible hell hole I'd never stay again Banging doors and noisy road no chance of sleeping

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Thedupleman
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed in this hotel resently for 3 nights in a very tiny double room. First impressions were terrible, the hall and landing were dirty, stair bannister was sticky. If we had not pre-booked and paid we would never have accepted it. The room was tiny with really old, worn and grubby furniture and ther was no lamp shade, window clasp was broken. No resemblance whatsoever to advertised photographs on hotel website. On investigation we discovered that bad odour in room appeared to come from leaking toilet bowl in en-suite. Same en-suite was situated behind a curtain in corner of the room. While sheets were clean and towels changed every the bed was uncomfortable. Two tiny pillows were provided and when we asked for more we were told there was none available. The saving grace for this hotel is it's good location - access to lovely public park right accross the road and proximity to London. This hotel is trading on it's prime location and owner is failing to maintain or upkeep the premises. My advise is not to waste your hard earned money by booking in to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book room number 8 it,s a health hazzard
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary,

Let me start by thanking you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory; however I would like to reassure that different room sizes are available in our hotel.
Leaking problem has already been fixed by our maintenance team.
I am glad to let you know that refurbishment works is taking place our hotel.

Taking the opportunity I would like to invite you to stay with us again and I will personally make sure that you will be allocated the room of a bigger size, new refurbished.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Kind regards,
Manager, Park Hotel Ilford
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I also stayed over on 14th July. I am a seasoned traveller throughout the UK, Africa and Asia. My thoughts are as follows. As a late booking offer I paid £55 for a single room. The room was cleaned to a high standard. Shower worked well and the shower enclosure was clean. Sheets were clean and the bed was adequate. Carpet vacuumed well. No noise from the road. Staff helpful. The full English Breakfast was inclusive. It was buffet style and you can have as much as you want. The only disappointment was the TV that didn't work - bring a lap top and use the free Wi-Fi to watch iplayer, if you need TV. Bear in mind you do need to leave a cash deposit for the room key card - £20. Don't worry - you'll have it returned assuming you remember to hand the card back! I run my own pest control company and my work involves constructive criticism to (amongst other things) hygiene and housekeeping. Although my visit was brief and restricted to one bedroom and the dining room, I think the hotel as done well for the £55 charge. If you want 4-5 Star style accommodation, you'll need to pay at least £150 -£200 a night.

Room Tip: As always, if you're not happy with your room ask the management to help. They normally will!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ilfordaccom
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

It is really nice to read your pleasant comments!

It is good to hear that you did enjoy your stay and your were happy with the services provided. The hotel team is trying their best to make each guest’ experience enjoyable.

We would be very glad to see you again in our hotel!

Park Hotel Ilford
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

i stayed two nights in one of the back rooms,room location was good as there was some beautiful trees. hotel receptionist deal with us very nicely and welcomed us very energetically that finished our tiredness. he sent one young guy with us to show us the room and area. hotel staff very smiling, cooperative but little bit problems in room because tv was not working, no towels in rooms and no cups and bathroom dirty.i reported these problems to receptionist guy tiim and ale.tiim said very apologized and sent aley with us to give towels because it was croud of customers on reception, and then tiim came after some time and fixed tv for us after that. breakfast was good but cleaners very rudly behavior as they are angry with our visit. i am overall happy with this hotel and suggest my colloquies, friends to visit it again.thank you very much

Room Tip: rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr Joe,

Thank you very much for taking time and reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed the room location .
It is nice to see that you marked the staff service, as everyone is trying their best to make the stay of each and every guest memorable. I will pass the praise to them.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience caused and to assure you that the housekeeping team took part to a new specialized training.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Manager, Park Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Britannia Inn Hotel
Best Western London Ilford Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#6 of 15 in Ilford

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!