“nice service, good staff, low level of cleaning”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
London, United Kingdom
“nice service, good staff, low level of cleaning”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

i stayed two nights in one of the back rooms,room location was good as there was some beautiful trees. hotel receptionist deal with us very nicely and welcomed us very energetically that finished our tiredness. he sent one young guy with us to show us the room and area. hotel staff very smiling, cooperative but little bit problems in room because tv was not working, no towels in rooms and no cups and bathroom dirty.i reported these problems to receptionist guy tiim and ale.tiim said very apologized and sent aley with us to give towels because it was croud of customers on reception, and then tiim came after some time and fixed tv for us after that. breakfast was good but cleaners very rudly behavior as they are angry with our visit. i am overall happy with this hotel and suggest my colloquies, friends to visit it again.thank you very much

Room Tip: rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr Joe,

Thank you very much for taking time and reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed the room location .
It is nice to see that you marked the staff service, as everyone is trying their best to make the stay of each and every guest memorable. I will pass the praise to them.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience caused and to assure you that the housekeeping team took part to a new specialized training.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Manager, Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Matten bei Interlaken
Reviewed June 7, 2012

WE DON'T RECOMMEND IT! When we arrived late at night at 1.00am, we were very tired from our long journey and just wanted to have a shower and sleep. But as we arrived, the guys at the reception would, firstly, not even come and greet us. Secondly, which was the evil part, actually, was, that they'd rebooked us to a different hotel (Cranbrook Hotel) a few blocks away from Park Hotel. For no apparent reason. As we experienced later, there was a huge group of young people (probably a school) flowing into the Park Hotel. So we knew.
Then we had to wait for a taxi. So, if you plan on either staying at the Park or the Cranbrook Hotel in Ilford, BE PREPARED they might rebook your stay, even late at night!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Inspiron_Swiss
Dear Sir/Madame,
Thank you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at Park Hotel and I want to apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I investigated the matter of why we had to divert you to our sister hotel. There was someone who suppose to check out but they extended their booking and thus we had to divert. We care about the comfort of our guests we had to divert you to our sister hotel, and we arranged a cab for you, which was paid by us.

Personally I want to apologize that the situation was not explained. The front of the house staff had a fresh training, as we are putting high marks on our guests’ comfort.

I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in future. Please contact me direct and I will personally make sure that this wont happened again.
Manager, Park Hotel Ilford

Travelers are raving about these Ilford hotels

cullompton,devon
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is a joke,we paid for a double room for 3 nights and when we arrived were given a key after paying a £20 deposit !!We went to the room only to find it had not been cleaned!We went back to reception and were then given another room when we opened the door we didnt know wether to laugh or cry.I could touch both walls at the same time it was that small,they had managed to cram a small double bed in there and a wardrobe which nearly fell on me when i tried to hang my clothes in it.The bathroom was so mouldy the smell was unbearable and we had to keep the door shut.We somehow managed to get a few hours sleep as the noise of the traffic was loud as our room was right on the side of the main road.We complained in the morning and after a near stand up argument with the abusive staff they agreed to try and find a better room for us.We went out for the whole day and when we returned they had found us another room which was 100% better so we stayed for the other 2 nights.We didnt risk the breakfast but went to a cafe nearby.We wouldnt have choose this but itwas on the late rooms .com website which said it was ok,The RAC and AA signs outside this hotel had been taped over.

Room Tip: Ask for a room thats been cleaned.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lizarddibbs
Dear Sir/ Madame,

First of all I will like to thank you for your feedback.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We manage to speak to the staff and there was no such incident recalled of giving a wrong rooms. But in any event we sincerely apologize and will enroll them into a refresher training course.

The fact that we are asking £20 as key deposit on check-in is part of our hotel policy.
And I am happy to inform you that refurbishment works are taking place in the hotel so I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and we will be able to change the negative impression on a more positive one.
If I can provide any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Manager, Park Hotel, Ilford
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at the Park hotel for one night only, Its a reasonable hotel, nothing outstanding. The bed was comfortable, the walls are a bit thin, i could hear the people in the room next door talking till 2am.

Room Tip: When i booked the room the confirmation did not mention that the hotel required photo ID and a £20 d...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank atcook
Dear Mr Atcook,

Thank you for completing the Guest Survey regarding your stay at our property.

We are glad that over all, you had a good stay with us.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I will make sure that the policies of our hotel will be mentioned on the confirmation letter.

Thank you for your time and hope to see you again sometime!

London
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was moved to the Park Hotel when my original hotel had a leak. There is a surprise £20 key deposit, which I got back. The majority of customers were contractors at the Olympic site. Quite a lot of Polish builders and white van men. This was quite good, because other than sit around at the garden tables having a few beers there was not likely to be any noise or disturbance. The room was quite small and basic, but it had an en-suite shower and was clean. Plenty of parking at the back. All in all it was entirely suitable for a night or two. If I wanted somewhere to stay I would come back.

Room Tip: The hotel is an extended house, so choose a room accessed through the garden and on the ground floor...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madame,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time and leave a feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
As you said , we have a policy of asking a £20 as a key deposit which is totally refundable at check – out time.

As per the room size, I would like to let you know that different room sizes are available in our hotel and that all the rooms are en-suite.
We are very happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay and please check with the reception whenever decide to stay again as we are doing a lot of special deals.

We look forward to serving you again in the nearest future!

United States
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I visit London at least thrice a year and this was my first time staying at this hotel booked through Expedia. I was pleasantly surpirsed by the cozy atmosphere and clean rooms and en-suite bathrooms. Located opposite the charming Valentine Park, the hotel is conveniently close to the bus stop and Gants Hill underground station is just a leisurely ten minute walk up the road. The staff (although did not see many of them) at the reception are helpful and friendly as well as efficient. They serve an elaborate English breakfast but could do with better coffee. No other meals are available but you can order in an array of meals through the Hungry House website. The rooms have a radiator that can be controlled by the guest, a flat screen television with most of the popular channels, a coffee and tea maker, free wi-fi and hot and cold shower cubicles. So far I have enjoyed my stay here and hope that the hotel will remain as comfortable and cheerful. I reccomend this hotel for budget travellers and assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for en-suite - may include an additional cost though. I had room 33 and A1
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank anpas
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Anpas,

Thank you very much for your time and valuable review. It’s a big pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with your stay!

The hotel team is trying their best to make each guest’ experience enjoyable.

Thank you and we would be very glad to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,
espagne
Reviewed April 30, 2012

very bad stay! we are surprised about the time between the Gants Hill underground and the hotel it takes more than 15 minutes contrary to that we saw on the website effectively we passed in front of the valentine's park but it as much far as they said! The shower is bad two choice too hot or too bad. The receptionist is quite impolite when we asked questions we had different answers never clear they seem to be irritate because we had booked a room with Wi-Fi as it is noticed on their website but surprise !! we had not connection so we asked for another room and the manager I supposed tell us it was an extra!! The only good point was the breakfast there was a large choice eggs, bacon sausage, tea, coffee, apple or orange juice etc... Owing to the several problems, i won't come back in this hotel for sure the rooms are quite "old" and after research we have learned it is not identified as AA hotel so a piece of friendly advice think twice before to take the wrong decision to book this hotel !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank mrs v
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Sir/Madame,

I want to thank you for taking time and write the review. We want to apologies for any inconvenience you might found during your stay. We are happy you enjoyed breakfast .
The time between Gants Hill underground and the hotel it takes around 10 – 15 min walk but also by bus it takes about 3 min, there are night buses as well and the bus stop is in front of the hotel.

I have noted your concern on the shower problem. The issue has been fixed by the maintenance team. . Please accept my apologies for that.

We were completely shocked to find out that the receptionist was impolite .We have taken this matter very seriously indeed and our staff had a fresh and new training, as for us is very important the comfort of our guests.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards,
Manager, Park Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Britannia Inn
Best Western London Ilford Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#5 of 15 in Ilford

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!