“Excellent value for money in a modern ethnic environment”

Wok Wala - Street Kitchen
Ranked #40 of 260 Restaurants in Ilford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Wok Wala - Street Kitchen. Pan Asian flavours. Fresh ingredients, Healthy, Fast, Simple foods. Sauces made from scratch! Friendly Staff! Some are calling us Halal Chinese and Indian - We call our cuisine Pan Asian Fusion - We are something a little bit different!
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money in a modern ethnic environment”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, wholesome Indo -Chinese food in a clean, modern ethnic, urban, stylish environment.( not a great deal of seating for large numbers). Food cooked in front of you behind see through glass ( so no smells sticking to your clothes).Polite, well spoken, well mannered staff. Very reasonably priced food. Excellent value without going downmarket.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Radha786

london
“Fresh Chinese/Indian Street Food in Ilford”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went to this following recommendations from other local friends and now recommending it! You pick and choose what you want in your meal from a variety of meat/veg, bases and sauces and can be Indian, Chinese or even both! The food is cooked in front of you in the kitchen which doesn't take too long. Prices are affordable for £5 regular and £6 large.

My only disappointment is the lack of seating, so wouldn't be able to go with my large family.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank chotipagli
“Love it”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Love the food! Freshly made in front of you!
Love the idea, nothing like this in the area!
Love the service, it's fast and it's great to see the owners so hands on!
One of my favourite places!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Xifrah13X
“Good food, very nice place, fresh cooked in front of you.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice place. The manager Ollie was very courteous to me and my kids. We all enjoyed the meal, and love that you can see all the fresh ingredients in front of you. Indian, Chinese & Thai food all in one place. You'll like it. :-)

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank ellie456
West Ham
“Nice Spicy Food - Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A friend from work highly recommended this one, so I thought I would give it a try. Yes - pretty good ! Basically, you pick a base - I had South Asian Potato Biryani. You could go for noodles, if you prefer. Then you pick your meat, fish or tofu. I went for the Chicken Tikka. Next, you say which two veggies you like - They are all laid out in trays in front of you. Here I opted for mushrooms and the mixed peppers. The last thing to decide on is your sauce. There are about 8 Chinese and 4 or 5 Indian ones. I went for the Madras. Anyway, they cook it straight away in a big wok and you can watch what they do through the glass. It all took about 10 mins and you can either have it as a take away or eat it there, which is what I did. With a drink it came to around £8 which I thought was pretty good value. It's all served up in a nice box with the ingredients on the side in case you forgot what you ordered (like me.) Pretty spicy - nice flavours. I would go again for sure. The only criticism was that they have the doors wide open and it was pretty cold in there. Aside from that I was very pleased with what I had and the price.

• Visited September 2013