“Made My Dads Birthday Special!”
Review of Red House

Red House
Ranked #33 of 272 Restaurants in Ilford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I grew up not 400 yards away from The Red House so,possibly the first pub I ever went to !!

Today it still remains a great place to spend an family evening which we did for my Dads 86th Birthday last night.

Dont believe the reviews that say the service is not up to the mark it is EXCELLENT!!

All the staff seem to called Katrina & we would like to say a big thank to all of them who made my Dads birthday evening special!

The food is good too! Beautifully freshly cooked & lovely & hot !

Well done Red House long may you continue serving us !

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Its a wonder it is so high at 33 in the Ilford League. I only go in there as the last resort. Service is non-exsistant and re-traing on being a waitress would be a start I keep saying never again and some ask's to meet me there as it is the Only Place in the area. Atmosphere is Non-exsistance and every one seems to be on edge to get out and all on their mobiles.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

There were a number of minor annoyances. We quite expected to pay for car parking, but at the ticket machine there was no indication of how much we had to pay. When we walked to another ticket machine in the same car park there was a notice stating that it was £1 for 3 hours and this would be refunded by the restaurant. That was good. We waited at the reception area to be shown to a table, but no one came. Eventually we went to the bar and were told by the very nice waitress at the bar that she was the only person on duty, and she would gladly show us to a table. We ordered rump steak and gammon steak, and the food was excellent, and good value. We also ordered Eton mess and lemon sundae which were also good. But when we finished our main courses no one came to take our plates or bring our desserts so we had to go to remind them. We obviously arrived at a dead time, but the visit was slightly disappointing.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

11 of us went here for a meal for my parents golden wedding anniversary.wehad booked a table for 7 adults and 4 children.when we got there we told them we had booked a table for 11 but when we got shown to table it was only set for 10.the children ordered their drinks and on returning with 3 fruit shoots we found they were out of date.one of the waiters went back twice to bar and on returning both times had still got out of date fruitshoots. my father ordered a bottle of champagne to celebrate the special occasion and the waiter didn't bother to open the bottle and pour it out for us.the starters came back as a wrong order and the garlic bread was burnt on oneside.
I went here 3 years ago for my 40th birthday and the service was very good,also my family used to go there at least 3 times a year.
I DON`T THINK WE WILL BE GOING BACK THERE IN A HURRY!

2  Thank John E
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Because we were staying in the motel attached this was the most convenient place to meet family and friends. Huge mistake.
The place is just a scruffy mess with dirty tables and staff who just don't want to be there.
On the Saturaday night they had some sort of power outage so the pumps didn't work and the only beer available was warm bottles. The barmaid seemed bewildered that I was disappointed and pointed out that it didn't really matter anyway as they were closing in half an hour. Point to note, it was 9.30pm!
The following night was just as bad and they actually ran out of beer!
We upped sticks and went to the Nightingale in Wansted.
I would rather go tea-total than go back to this place.

3  Thank KirkbyBlue