“Buffet bargain”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Whilst on a rare visit to Ilford, I was lured into this relatively new Turkish restaurant by the lunchtime offer of "From midday to 4o/oclock, eat all you want buffet for £6.45".
I wouldn't usually expect much for that amount, but it surpassed my expectations in every sense. The range of salads, meze and hot main dishes was comprehensive and everything i tried was fresh & very tasty. The staff and management were extremely courteous and helpful wiyhout being intrusive. All in all it was worth the visit - especially at that bargain basement price .

2  Thank Brian P

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This restaurant serves food that is every bit as good as you will find in Istanbul. Even the hospitality has that welcoming Turkish feel to it. The food is fresh, tasty and well presented. The staff are helpful and polite and nothing was too much trouble. It's a shame I do not live locally as I would be a regular diner at Kaftan. However I enjoyed it so much that I will make a special trip to eat there again. All of this and at such good value as well.

1  Thank ReduTom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I wear here for a nice quiet meal with my friends, a bit too quiet as there was no one there. However we did there for 6.30ish, had a couple more people come in before we left. To be honest I've never really seen is full, which i don't understand as the food was really nice and the potions were BIG. Its a nice restaurant and has lovely food, i would definitely go back for more, the only people we had was a misunderstanding with the waiter and the chef, as my friend order mince lamb and got chicken and when i order some yoghurt it took about 10 minutes to receive it and I had ask another waiter to get it, other than that it was a lovely meal.

I'm not to sure whether this is an on going problem, but we couldnt pay by card, we're were told to go to the cash point, luckly we had cash and paid that way.

1  Thank HMsHoliday