“A good stay”

Arinza Hotel London
Ranked #11 of 16 Ilford B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here overnight during a 2 day training weekend. The bottom line is it's cheaper than a Travelodge and better too. The hotel is clean, modern and nicely furnished. The staff are friendly and polite as well- even when delivering breakfast to your room at 7am on a Sunday.

The reception area was open and spacious and I was greeted by a helpful receptionist who gave me the room I was expecting (Classic Double @ £59.00 a night). The room wasn't huge but it was furnished with a double bed, desk and chair, LCD TV, wardrobe and two bed side tables. There was also a small en-suite. Again, everything was clean and modern. The high ceiling kept the room feeling spacious. All towels and toiletries were provided.

I have read reviews from people saying that the walls are paper thin and that they couldn't sleep at all. Yes, you can hear people's doors slam and loud conversation in the next room etc, but it's a hotel room, not a soundproof recording studio!

The only major gripes I had were:
- En-suite really is small- no chance of getting dressed in there.
- The shower head was mounted too low. I managed but it could have been a lot higher.
- Breakfast is a bit odd... It's continental and was fine with cereal, yogurt and a pre-packed croissant; but the muffin and carton juice drink? Orange juice would have been nice, but bear in mind that for £59.00 you get breakfast included and brought up to your room at a time of your choosing...

The hotel is within a 10-15 walk of either Gants Hill tube station or Ilford station so its nice and accessible.

Overall, a nice stay over, I would recommend it. Think more swish B & B than hotel...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Rob J

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Staff very polite and helpful . Room decor needs attention ,looking worn in places ,curtains did not close properly . Bed not made properly and sheets did not fit double bed !!!
TV with limited programs and did not work.
For a 4 star rating , no breakfast dining area. Was brought room. Continental breakfast ..... Is Capri sun classfied as orange juice !!!! Not forgetting accomping muffin with bread roll and dairy Lee cheese !!! Think i would rather have reduced room rate minus breakfast.
Not value for money as far as status of hotel rating.
Alas i would not stay there or recommend unless improvements were made.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank ritanpatel
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I got there in the evening, got the room I was promised. The room itself was big, spacious even. The bathroom was on the small side though, but everything was clean and the breakfast (even though nothing special) was delivered to the room which was nice. Enjoyed my stay and would stay there again if I happened to need somewhere to stay in Eastern London.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Pekka T
Reviewed January 26, 2014

It is a modern up-to-date hotel with reasonable facilities and a big selling point seems to be the air conditioning which also act as heaters, but they were very noisy, you can switch the one of in your room but you can still hear them in other rooms it kept me awake most of the night, I wont be going back!

Room Tip: I would assume they all suffer the same problem see above
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David W
Reviewed November 20, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I see few people have negative reviews about this hotel, I don't know what they consider to be a good hotel. I think it has all the ingredients to be ranked as a very good hotel. I really had a great stay in ARINZA HOTEL.

1) CLEAN: The first thing I noticed about this hotel was that it has a very clean outlook, the windows were clean with nice pictures hanging inside on the walls, no signs of dust as I have dust allergy but I found it tidy.

2) COMFORTABLE: The rooms were very comfortable, it was cold but I slept nicely on a very comfortable bed with the heater on. The toilets was running hot water as I had a morning shower. There was no sound of traffic or people shouting due to an ideal location specially in Ilford area. I had a very smooth sleep.

3) CARE: The staff was friendly as I was asked if I need anything again and again, reminds me of someone is caring and there for help if I need it. I would definitely recommend it for families as mothers do need lot of things for children which the staff can help the customers.

4) FRIENDLY: The staff was very friendly, the girl sitting on the counter was very sweet and helpful.
Example 1: I was watching the television in the waiting area and she came to me and ask me if I want to change the channel or should she increase the volume for me.
Example 2: I asked the same girl if I can stay for an extra hour then the normal check out time as I was waiting for my friend to pick me but it was a yes and in this way I could manage to schedule my day.

The only think I would say is that is negative may be is that there is not much space for parking, you need to book that in advance. Overall, the management running is doing an excellent job. The girl is doing a really good job. Thanks ARINZA HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ShikebPITBULL
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I can say that people are never satisfied with anything. If you give them Sugar, they want Salt, and if you give them Salt then they want Sugar. I will share my experience at Arinza Hotel in London.

I can say it was Very Good. I will give them 4 Stars. Don't expect to find a 5 Start Hotel with a big Lobby, this is a small hotel, but the attention was good, people very friendly, they dont have breakfast, or lunch or anything like that. but I didn't really need it. I knew it will be something like that. This place is only 25 minutes away from London Eye. Only 2 trains to get there.

Room ( Very Clean ) They Clean our room and change linens and towels everyday.
Modern Bath, small but enough for what i need it. ( It was only 7 days )
Basically Everything I needed.

There are plenty of places to go and eat very cheap near this hotel, only 2 minutes walk, nice area, and Safe. A lot of stores, markets, Fast food restaurants, and more things around. And the most important thing ( The Subway was only a few blocks away. )

Please come on. If you want to be treated as a king, then book on a a 5 Star Hotel, and spend like 600 Pounds per day / per person. What you basically need is to sleep, and have hot water.
I used to leave the hotel at 8am in the morning and go back every night around 10-11 pm at night. Do u think i care how many stars the hotel had ? I only wanted to take a bath and get ready for next day, and it was perfect. Believe me. I went to know the city, to see London, not to be the whole day at the hotel, and if u are not going to be in the hotel, then whey u need 5 stars accommodations for ? I Hope my comment is enough to make u trust these Hotel. Don't listen to what others say. People want to have the best service in the world and pay less. That's not possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Best Western Greater London Hotel
#10 of 14 in Ilford
Lucky 8 Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel
#2 of 14 in Ilford

Been to Arinza Hotel London? Share your experiences!