This is a pretty standard Travelodge where we used a family room that was clean, accessible and spacious. Location is pretty good for Gants Hill (and Redbridge) Underground.
Main gripes about the place:
(1) The car parking is a joke, with only 16 parking spots (of with a quarter are handicapped)... clearly insufficient. We had to use the next door Harvester car park to unpack, a big money spinner at £1 per hour 24/7... not sustainable for Travelodge guests. The Travelodge guy just shrugged his shoulders on alternative options. Luckily we got a spot in the end.
(2) The hotel has 2 travel cots for c.35 rooms. We asked for one when booking, which the guy claimed we hadn't. As a result, both had gone when we asked. Fortunately, experience has taught us to keep our own one in the car for this scenario, but it's hardly ideal. Secondly, only 2 towels put in the room for 4 people in total.
(3) Not much air in the room. Don't forget your bottled water!
(4) The Travelodge representative didn't bother going the mile, let alone the extra mile.
Finally, tried to get a takeaway from the Harvester next door but they couldn't do it as they had run out of takeaway boxes!! Given that they were evidently short-staffed it was a better thing to go to the Chinese takeaway across the road, which was nice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Travelodge Hotels Ltd and Evoline ltd so you can book your Travelodge London Ilford Gants Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge - London Ilford Gants Hill Hotel London
- Travelodge London Ilford Gants Hill Essex